Author Topic: (3D) Monster - Hive Forager  (Read 1572 times)

Stydracos

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 05:56:35 am »
Originally posted by Adeli
I know a lot of the tools, but I\'m still learning, I got Blender and hated it... the UI was horrible...
I now have 3dsmax6, and am working my way through that.
I even have GMAX, which is a modified max4
LWW are sick of people trying to submit weapons, just so you know.

I have 3dsmax 5 and love it!
It all started by installing the demo of 3dmax. I knew then that this was something I wanted to learn and well was hooked.  Little did I know the the interface stuck in my head and when playing with other demos, freeware etc they could match the ease of use.
So how could I resist! unfortunately I haven\'t done the things I\'ve wanted to do... hopefully with some better time management I can ;).

I know about the weapons thing, hence why I haven\'t  posted anything about them or images I think you\'d like them though, low poly with nice texture maps.

I\'m also not going to submit to LWW... last time I was there I wasn\'t impressed with a slight difference between the legal agreement there to the one on the PS site (I preferred the latter). While I don\'t doubt it would probably be excercised exactly the same way I am careful about these things. Careful enough to send  a few emails to both people running the site at the time about it and was ignored; (maybe they were too busy who knows?)  the result was I stopped modelling for PS.

That was until I saw a few models here and thought well maybe through the forum I can still offer something to PS without going through a middle man. I believe it was the pterosaurs that inspired me to restart ;).

The main thing I want do is produce something complete and hear if what I am doing is liked. Hopefully all a dev has to do by then is have a look and if they like what they see they can PM me and It\'ll make my day.

Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.
Sun Tzu On The Art Of War

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 07:29:49 pm »
I\'m also not going to submit to LWW... last time I was there I wasn\'t impressed with a slight difference between the legal agreement there to the one on the PS site (I preferred the latter). While I don\'t doubt it would probably be excercised exactly the same way I am careful about these things. Careful enough to send  a few emails to both people running the site at the time about it and was ignored; (maybe they were too busy who knows?)  the result was I stopped modelling for PS.

They are very busy right now, and I don\'t think they are replying to anything. Once things begin to settle down, (after CB is publically released) they will start paying attention to us.

Stydracos

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2004, 06:02:37 am »
Originally posted by Icefalcon
They are very busy right now, and I don\'t think they are replying to anything. Once things begin to settle down, (after CB is publically released) they will start paying attention to us.

:) I wasn\'t talking about now, this was when the lww site was young. I didn\'t realise the webmasters would be busy now anymore then usual unless they are also devs too? If so I didn\'t know that and after 6+ months waiting I don\'t expect them to reply in the near future either. Anyway it was a simple response to a comment about lww nothing more.

Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.
Sun Tzu On The Art Of War