Author Topic: (3D) Grangalan  (Read 2370 times)

ArcaneFalcon

• Hydlaa Notable
  • ?
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 08:33:21 pm »
those arent flaps, those are the upper parts of the legs

My bad, I got the previous version and it had some weird flaps on it, I just assumed they were still there, sorry :P

Add another pair of wings... twice smaller then the first one... it would look and feel better.

No it won\'t, he\'s doing a transparency.  All that will do is increase the poly count and the strain on the engine (not much, but still).  It will look and feel better if he keeps it the way it is and does a good job skinning it.

Shadowfalcon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 09:48:58 pm »
hi all, i need a bit of help. im going to texture the oversized dragonfly, but i can no longer apply the symmetry modifier. the bounding box shows why. does anybody know how to fix this?

ArcaneFalcon

• Hydlaa Notable
  • ?
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2004, 12:48:45 am »
I have no idea how you managed to do that to your bounding box.  You might try exporting it as a .3DS and then importing it and welding all the verts (.3DS format breaks all the verts).  If that doesn\'t work I\'m not quite sure what to tell you, that\'s never happened to me...   If you can mirror it, weld the seem, and then unwrap uv it then I wouldn\'t worry too much about it (I should think anyway)...

Zeraph

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
I know how to fix it!
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2004, 10:52:31 am »
What you do is create a box & move it to 0,0,0 so it\'s right in the middle of the scene, then you apply a Edit Mesh Modifier to the box & attach the Grang to the box. then go to the \"Elements\" sub-object level & select & delete the box. Then it should mirror currectly....

CB Characters: Zeph Waterfox & Zeraph Waterfox MB: Zph

Shadowfalcon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 01:44:38 pm »
ok, thanks again Zeraph, it did fix it. ang now heres the best texture i could come up with! Its based on a Halloween Pennant (Celithemis eponina).

Seriously. somebody else needs to texture this. i suck at it.

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2004, 02:15:23 pm »
For someone else to texture it, you have to make it available for them to download, or atleast the uv map template you used. hard to texture without anything to work from :P

josePhoenix
Sir John Falstaff: "Let the skie raine Potatoes: let it thunder, to the tune of Greenesleeues"

Shadowfalcon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2004, 02:19:24 pm »
duh, i just want someone to volenteer, and then i will email it to them. i dont want to post my work so ANYBODY can take it. I have had my ideas stolen before, and im not gonna let it happen again.

Adeli

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2004, 12:08:39 am »
If you\'re nice, ArcaneFalcon or Zeraph might texture it for you.

I like Red Jelly Beans!

the_duke

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2004, 01:09:07 pm »
I like that model!

(for flying animation, gather the legs, slightly bent, leaned backwards, towards the tail)

But I think the texture is a bit problematic (legs color doesn\'t fit an insect).

ArcaneFalcon

• Hydlaa Notable
  • ?
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2004, 01:19:58 pm »
If you want I can take a hack at it.  At the very least I will set the uv map up correctly (not sure if you have done that or not).  I can\'t make any guarantees as to how good it will look, I\'m in the middle of several projects atm, but I can at least make an effort.  I\'ve PM\'ed my email address to you.

:emerald:

Shadowfalcon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2004, 11:07:22 pm »
Sweet! Thanks Arcane! But how do I get to my PM\'s?
edit: nevermind, i found it
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 11:21:17 pm by Shadowfalcon »