Author Topic: .  (Read 1905 times)

Soripe

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Garris' Weapon thread
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 01:48:07 pm »
I look forward to seeing all of them!
"I spend days in this grubby mine, but where am I going? Where did I come from? Hitting a dirt wall is not the way to find out" Soripe stares at his rock pick for a moment "But I won't get very far without tria, better get back to mining" as he swings at the loose dirt in search of gold.

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 01:56:25 pm »
'Zactly, Narure. Anything else want something done? I'm gonna work on em more soon when I get off da forums.

Hmm, that 'soul harvester' looks quite cool actually - like a real frisbee of death :P
But, as you seem to realise, it's less a colourful, decorative thing and more of a practical, military-style combat knife ;)

I have a whole entire arsenal of post-modern weapons (not quite 'sci-fi', but advanced versions of modern weaponry), if you're not adverse to straying from the medieval theme (although that may be too far off 'fan art' than the mods could handle :P)

I also have ideas for blade-bows; a crossbow composed of other, smaller weapons; a bunch of bizarre-shaped swords; retractable triple-spiked vambraces (1 spike underhand, 2 overhand, for a trademark triangular puncture wound); a strange series of jointed blades that looks kind of like a bladed fan, but without the fan part (each finger goes between the blade for better grip); ringed shuriken (i.e. 2 or more shurikens linked onto a large, or palm-sized ring, which can be used as a dual-edged knife up close, or thrown as a projectile to pin someone's limb against the wall/ground between the two blades); a whip with a spiked metal ball at the end, which can be used as a counter-weight which wraps the whip around someone's neck, allowing it to be broken with a sharp yank (I decided that's the coolest way to kill someone ever)... The list is almost endless :P

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 02:13:26 pm »
Emeraldfool, have you ever considered seeking proffessional help with this weapon obsession :P

You will be distraught if they impose laws banning these weapons like they plan to do in the UK.

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 02:15:55 pm »
Are you forgeting that we achived self government? :P
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

lordraleigh

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 02:28:14 pm »
I also would like to make a request of three stilettos that Annera Klorn always have with her(used mostly as throwing weapons)

Colors for it:

Grip - Ebony-like wood
Blade - Black metallic shade, probably made of iron

Now a more exotic ranged weapon  I would like too for Annera...  :D

A Repeating Crossbow like the one on the link here

The Chu-ko-nu is equipped with a magazine which holds 10 steel-tipped bolts, about 5/16" in diameter and 7.25" long, which it shoots in succession. It is operated by grasping the handle of its stock in the left hand and working the lever with the right, the piece being held just above waist level and being steadied solely by the grip of the two hands on the handles, as with a pair of large garden shears.

http://www.arco-iris.com/George/images/chu-ko-nu.jpg

Emeraldfool, have you ever considered seeking proffessional help with this weapon obsession :P

You will be distraught if they impose laws banning these weapons like they plan to do in the UK.

Here's a site of someone who shares my opinion on gun control:

http://www.geocities.com/lord_visionary/guncontrol.htm
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 02:38:03 pm by lordraleigh »

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 02:37:50 pm »

Dammit, no one told me lol, but dont forget that the secret plans of Britain, France and Germany getting you to join the EU, its just conquering the sneaky way :P

Yes, I had realised that, but I was making a point that the UK plans to ban fantasy weapons and things like that. I wouldnt be suprised if other countries followed suit.

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 03:13:53 pm »

Dammit, no one told me lol, but dont forget that the secret plans of Britain, France and Germany getting you to join the EU, its just conquering the sneaky way :P

Yes, I had realised that, but I was making a point that the UK plans to ban fantasy weapons and things like that. I wouldnt be suprised if other countries followed suit.

If the results come in that it saves lives, Ireland will no doubt follow suit. Which is why I'm going to buy as much as I possibly can right now - luckily I happen to live in a place where the Gardai are all lazy bastards :P  I doubt they'll perform a raid* on my house...

*In North Co. Dublin that translates to an old guy in a fluorescent yellow vest banging on your door and saying "Oi lad, open up 'ere or... Or I'll give ye such a stern talkin' tas ye'll wetcher self. Ye hear!? I'm dead serdious now, ya lil'l bollocks..." :P

Also, I thought my character was the only one with a crossbow... :-\

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 03:33:19 pm »
Here's a question for anti-gun people:
"Would you be willing to put a sticker on your car window or the front door
of your house saying 'I am an anti-gun person--there are no guns in this
[car/house]'"

There are no guns in My house. Answered that one pretty quickly :P

This seems to be one of those propoganda sites, the sort of thing the NRA would support. Because people need automatic rifles with armor piercing rounds and that stuff.

I love one of the sites it links to http://www.rense.com/ now, that just makes it look bad if that is where they obtain their 'facts' :)

The Most Format & Content-Plagiarized Site On The Net

Dudes, I would never want to plagiarise the format of that site, its terrible, not to mention that the content is pure BS.

WTC AND MICO-NUKES

Update - US Government Use Of Micro-Nukes In WTC On 911

Just a simple example of its quality content lol

dying_inside

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 06:41:07 pm »
Hmm I think I will model your axe. I think i can texture it too. :D

I'll post back links and such when each stage is complete. For tonight I'll probably just model.

Edit: Ok, I have the model outline done. A bit of work to do on it, but i think I have it. 
The link is at the bottom of the page of my thread under edit 3.

http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=22710.msg317287#msg317287
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 07:31:57 pm by dying_inside »

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 10:41:16 am »
Shnaps. there is a heckuva lot of weapon requests right now, I'll get to em soon. Anyways, here is yer new one, Emerald

~Emerald Soul Harvester version 1.1~

Click on the pic to see it larger. I like it much better anyways.
I love Chu-Ko-Nus, I use them often in my RTS games.

*edit*

Sweet model, Dying Inside! Here are Narure's Pitchfork dealy and the Poleaxe for Soripe. Next, Annera's Stilettos, and some crossbows for everyone who wanted one. (I might spiff up a couple of random weapons if I have time what with all these requests.) And Emerald, dear frikin mother of a ulber, you have an obsession. But that's good, that's what this thread is for. You shall have some requests done as well. Enjoy, Narure and Soripe

Soripe's Poleaxe

Narure's Pitchfork?

Remember, click on the links for the bigger pic.

[ Please avoid making one post right after the other in the same thread. Just "Modify" your first post to add more information. --Karyuu ]

K, my bad.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 11:07:35 am by Garris Shrike »
Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch

Narure

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 01:50:31 pm »
I was thinking abit longer for the handle. But otherwise its just what i need, an idea to work from.  \\o// Thankyou.

Soripe

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 02:38:27 pm »
Very Awesome! I think dressing up the area where the blade attaches to the pole would nifty, but i could see a mage wielding that poleaxe and perhaps even using it as a sort of staff/scepter... could be really cool... Thanks!! its awesome!
"I spend days in this grubby mine, but where am I going? Where did I come from? Hitting a dirt wall is not the way to find out" Soripe stares at his rock pick for a moment "But I won't get very far without tria, better get back to mining" as he swings at the loose dirt in search of gold.

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2007, 04:54:35 pm »
I gave the Chu-Ko-Nu some time, and I realized I cant do it. I got some other neat stuff done Im gonna post soon, though.....
Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2007, 09:27:05 pm »
Ever player Warcraft III? You know the demon hunter? Those are some cool weapons he got there.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

dying_inside

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2007, 04:00:06 am »
Narure's Pitchfork:

http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=22710.msg317287#msg317287 its at the bottom again.
I'm linking to stop from Hijacking this thread.