Author Topic: The Second Great Magickal Convention Schedule of Events Dec 28 (MagCon II)  (Read 808 times)

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
:sorcerer: The Second Great Magickal Convention  :sorcerer:

The details of each Magickal Convention event are still being planned and of course there’s room for your ideas and assistance! MagCon II is player-organized and  designed to include characters of every level: please help make this a great role playing opportunity. Thanks!

TIME AND DATE: Sat December 28, Noon  to 2 or 3 pm PDT, which I think is GM-8 or -9 in Europe, which I think is 8 pm GMT.

:sorcerer:  :sorcerer: ACTIVITIES  :sorcerer:  :sorcerer:     

:sorcerer:  The Magickal Parade of Circles Entry parade of Mages, Masters, Alchemists, Enchanters, Apprentices and Adepts of All Way- calling forth the citizenry and the spirit of the great magicians, and making the Circle bound and complete.

NEEDED: Musicians to lead the parade!!  All citizens welcomed!

:sorcerer: Opening The Enchanted Circle Welcome and toast to MagCon II- led by Venorel, Roled, Resildren, and leaders of all upstanding and honorable Guilds present.

NEEDED: Beer, liquor, cider, for all!

:sorcerer:  MASTERING the WAYS: A discussion featuring Masters from each Way.  The Masters will discuss their Circle and their Magick’s uses.  An informative IC discussion, with Q and A from attendees, and perhaps special guests.  Don’t miss this! Crystal Master~ Caraick,  Dark Way Master~ Farriro, Red Way Master~ Resildren

NEEDED: Brown Way, Blue Way, and Azure Way quested Masters with staffs and bracers.

:sorcerer: The Athanor of the Alchemist:  Demonstrations of potions and alchemies, their uses and abuses.  Led by Striker~ Master Alchemist, Dios~ Master Herbalist and Alchemist, and Elhoirien~ offering alchemy demonstrations, “Magick in a Bottle.” Come with your IC questions!

NEEDED: Potions Experts!

:sorcerer: Enchanted Armor: Demonstrations and discussion of enchanted armor, led by Qter and Resildren.  Wear your enchanted armor and have Mages cast spells upon you to to test the resistance to magick armor offers.

:sorcerer: THE SPELLBINDING FEAST Sit down with our community, enjoy food and beverages provided by Kaliper, Paradoxa, and Yenida (and more!) and have conversations in a purely social rp environment. 

NEEDED: More drinks (beer, wine, etc) and food, folks to set up, decorate, and clean up.  Can your Guild be the hosts of this feast?

:sorcerer:  ON GOING  SPELL BINDING DEMONSTRATIONS
Magick, alchemy, enchantments, in role play.  Ask IC questions, get a start in magick from experts, meet other mages, ask for IC advice.

NEEDED: IC mentors willing to assist

:sorcerer: Markets of Magicks:
  Stalls by those crafters of enchanted armor, blades, potions, alchemies, glyphs, and books on magick.

NEEDED: Vendors! Please contact Roled

:sorcerer:  ONGOING SURPRISES and PRIZES Throughout the event, raffles and prize drawings. You must be present to win. Only one prize per player: no multiple prizes awarded to alts.

:sorcerer:  The INNER SANCTUM of MASTERY: Gathering for those training magic with mechanics, especially on the Master quests. We offer a time to meet each other from different ways, to lend and borrow items needed to advance master quests, and to quickly borrowed items to each other.

:sorcerer: All players of any skill levels from zero to High Masters are welcome!  :sorcerer:
Also welcome~
Town criers to join Zontick and others, announcing the event, encouraging folks to volunteer and attend

The Way of the Hammer
raised the bar with graphics, and Roled has no skills. [color=lime green] Design the in game flyer![/color]   ::|

Artists- Create decorations that won’t lag us
:love:  :love: Who wants to play?   :love:  :love:    :sorcerer: We need YOU!    :sorcerer:

On behalf of all the Magickal Members of Yliakum,
I be Yer Spellbinding Elf ,
Roled
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 01:22:57 am by Roled »
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Jilata

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Second Great Magickal Convention Schedule of Events Dec 28 (MagCon II)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 01:47:16 am »
[Why on earth are all the magical convention's on a date I can't attend? :(

I hope you all have fun! ]

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 08:47:30 am »
As usual, I agree with Jilata.  8)

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 03:12:26 pm »
[As it turns out I might NOT be able to make it - I'm staying with family and don't have access to a computer that can handle PS right now. However if you still need help in some small capacity like a write-up of something, I'm still willing to help. Have fun to those who do attend!]
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 03:35:24 am »
ADD to the MagCon attractions and surprises

Amazing raffle prizes you must be present to win :thumbup:

:flowers: Special surprises for newer players  :flowers:

A BIG ONE!   If I tell you it wont be a surprise!!!  :whistling:

And lots of feasting food

Plan on attending ! Thanks!  :sorcerer: :sorcerer:

Flyers going up in game tomorrow!  \\o//

Thedrish

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 07:23:46 am »
"Hmmm... we're going to have a Magickal Convention soon," Thedrish thought when he read the parchment that had been nailed to the wooden board near Harnquist.

He smiled, "What a great idea. And a good reason for a party". Nevertheless, as leader of The Dragon Council it would be no question that he would attend just like other guild leaders. Not because it was expected, but it would be a good way to catch up with some he had not seen for some time.

And besides, he could always be a mentor to those that have questions about the Crystal Way, his favorite magical way he had been training for some time. His mentor, Govell, had already told him when he got his Crystal way Master wand, that he was a promising apprentice. And it would be great if he could help others on their way too. Or help others identify their magical weapons, something he had discovered with his Blue way training, although his skills were moderate on this.

"I will send Sir Roled a note that I will attend and help as mentor if desired."
Thedrish Urthadar
Knights Commander of The Lost Knights

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 10:30:20 pm »
"I will send Sir Roled a note that I will attend and help as mentor if desired."

Roled reads a note that has just arrived, from Thedrish and the Dragon Council. He grins, hoists his beer in the air and mumbles "To good friend again well met, and new friends to be made."  :sorcerer:

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 01:07:04 am »
That should work for me, Roled. See you guys there.   :thumbup: :thumbup:
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 07:54:29 am »
That should work for me, Roled. See you guys there.   :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great Caraick, thanks! Nice to see Boeven's rendering of you with your stuffed ulber toy... AND THANK YOU to Zontick and Anysu and Resildren and Qter and Prreta for the prep work you are all doing, and especially Prreta for the flyers ingame! Yeah!!

Please everyone plan to join in the Parade before the event, going through Hydlaa from the North Gate to the East Hydlaa Magickal Convention site! Mages please wear your robes!

Thanks too for the people making the amazing prizes.  Have a fine solstice and see you all soon!  \\o//

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 05:48:06 pm »
[double post-last update  :surrender:]
:sorcerer:  :sorcerer: MAGICKAL CONVENTION II  :sorcerer:  :sorcerer: EAST HYDLAA  :sorcerer:  :sorcerer:
Tomorrow is MagCon! Everyone of every level, newbie to one-namers, are welcome and invited, whether you know magic or not. Please join the community, the first parade at quarter to the hour (noon Pacific Time, 8pm GMT) starting at the North Gate, and then the Convention itself!

NEEDED!!!
Would any one or two of you like to be the official screenshot photographers? Please come ready to catch the action!

AND
EVERYONE with magician's robes, bracers, enchanted armor, staffs and or wands, PLEASE when you are about to enter the East Hydlaa gathering, please LINE THE STREET
in your robes and etc. This would make a terrific screenshot op, and as the paraders enter the area they will be greeted by your mage-nificence!

See you tomorrow. Remember the raffles are open to all, so be sure to register with Venorel and get your raffle drawing number. One win per PLAYER (no multiple alt wins please) - we have about a dozen (or more) spectacular prizes given by character crafters!

Thanks so much!
The Organizing Committee and all the 2 dozen + volunteers for
MagCon II

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 04:37:03 pm »
Good turnout!

You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 11:52:10 pm »
WHO INVITED THE NAUT?  :o

Everyone loves a parade! (Even a laggy one)  :sorcerer:

« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 12:42:51 pm by novacadian »

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 09:23:09 pm »
:sorcerer:  :sorcerer:  \\o//  THANKEE TO YOU ALL  \\o// :sorcerer: :sorcerer:  :sorcerer
Dear PS community~ thank you a scad for helping with and attending the Magic Convention. We were delighted by the turnout -76 people at one point- and thank you for your patience, your great questions and participation, and your support as a community.

I am going to forget someone in this list of thanks and please forgive me when I do, because I am an elf of very little brain today.  THANKS FIRST to Resildren and Venorel, without those two and their early and consistant organizing,  the MagCon wouldn't have happened! Thanks so the chefs who didn't get enough time to have their creations admired and partaken of, especially Kabiter, Yenida, Zalya, Sanril, Anysu, Paradoxa, and ... all the people who brought pies! We ran out of time for the Feast so we should have another simply a Feast and celebrate their contributions.  A huge thanks and hip hip hurrah to Qter who made the AMAZING perfect enchanted armors sets that were prizes- it was my fault the handing out of the prizes was such a mess- my bad- but Qter's talent and skill and generosity are unsurpassed!

Another thanks and apology is due to Dios and to Qter who were ready to do their alchemy and enchantement presentations and demonstrations. Again, I didn't have the timing right and so they too were left out, my sincere apologies to these two experts who were ready , willing and able. Thanks to the Knowledge Seeekers too who donated the prizes of the sack of perfect potions of the highest quality, 10 bottle each of the 8 highest level alchemies. Thank you KS!

Thanks to all the folks who helped organize and advertize the MagCon- especially Prreta who made the flyers which were great, and Zontick and Anysu and others who passed the flyers out,  and Kroz and Yenida who helped prepare, and set up and clean up, and everyone else who stayed to clean up at the end of the event.

Special thanks to Eonwind and Mordaan and Sarva and all the GM/ Devs- Eonwind set the square up with the alchemy and enchanter stations before hand and solved logistics for us, sarva posted the event in the calendar and lent her virtual hands in problem solving, Venalan helped me think through logistics and MagCon needs and helped me solve issues ahead of time, and Mordaan lent his skills to the surprise demonstration of the new spell about to be released in the next update.  And to all the other GMs and Devs who continue to offer support to this game on an ongoing way- we the players thank you - you may not hear it often enough, but a whole bunch of us know and appreciate your volunteer work for our gaming pleasure!

Of course thank you to the skilled Mages and players who presented the Circles at the MagCon, led by Resildren our elf of all trades, and Lumi (where were the other dwarves???), Wolferz, Firke, Gova, and Zerzz (sp?) who stepped in at the last minute to present the Dark Way.  The questions were important and informative, and the answers expert, well considered and very well role played. Thank you ! Thank you Thesdrish for helping to organize and head up the parade- laggy we know, but with everyone with their staffs and wands and robes, it looked great! And thank you for coming 'back' in game to show your help and support, especially Cormah, Gova, and other 'oldbies' and master magicians.

And thank you to everyone who attended! The event was organized for you and with you. I was grateful and happy at the community turnout at the event.

I know I a forgetting lots of people who did lots of things as they were asked and as needed.- so please forgive my brain drain perpetual spell, and know that we appreciate everything you did- small, large, and inbetween.

I know we made mistakes ,especially in timing, my bad again. The event went well over our planned 3 hour window, so again, thanks to everyone who stayed,and all who came and went as their rl time allowed.

OK! RR is now gunna take an organizing break, kick back, eat some pie, and take it easy.  Hopefully no surprises will make their way in the handsome Dermorian's rp life for the next little bit...  ::|

\\o// Happy Xiosiamass from all the MagCon players to all the players!  \\o//
Yer pal
RR

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 09:58:32 pm »
Nice job, Roled.  :thumbup:

Thedrish

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 03:30:46 am »
Great work Roled and all the others who were there  :sorcerer:
Fun to see so much people come together, it was great  :thumbup:
Thedrish Urthadar
Knights Commander of The Lost Knights