Author Topic: Library  (Read 914 times)

Culsoron

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Library
« on: May 19, 2002, 08:38:24 am »
how bout a library ? the experienced players could write short \"book\" about for example \"How to hunt deer\" and sell it to a Library (for some in-game cash) . Newbies could buy/loan the book and learn some tricks. And there coulld be like a top 10 book list. the better books cost more than the shitty ones and so on.

ratdudett

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2002, 02:50:38 pm »
a library would be great :) maybe u could buy/borrow some scrolls there and learn new spells... also there\'d be a heavy fine for those ppl who borrow but don\'t return the books >:)

Lode

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2002, 04:36:45 pm »
Cool, I really like those ideas, writing books for the library that others can borrow, read and rate should be very cool.

Only, I\'d allow the rating for gamemasters only, otherwise groups of evil newbies could give all books a bad rating and such.

sponge

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2002, 06:14:25 pm »
loads of people come out with great ideas an all

but actualy puting it into the game would be a massiv task for the programers
unoficial planeshift suport team    
also proud member of

contact link

Lode

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2002, 06:18:43 am »
I know, and while many of these ideas are very cool, I think the game will be great even without them.  But that doesn\'t mean I can\'t support these ideas, right? :)

boonet

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2002, 07:22:49 am »
Well people, a library is actually on its way to come to you. In the new patch you\'ll be able to see it, but you\'ll not yet be allowed to get in. In one of the next releases you\'ll have many books to see inside; some screenshots of it are already present on PS site.

Bye
Boonet

Culsoron

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2002, 10:26:07 am »
Great, will you be able to write your one books and sell them ?

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2002, 04:21:46 am »
I think the answer is yes. And the library boonet is talking about is the Jayose Library.
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2002, 04:41:08 am »
Well, the task wouldn\'t be that massive, necissarily. Filling shelves (and actually having it look decent.. with different books being of different sizes with different bindings and such...) would be nigh impossible, but you could always just be given a menu when you look at something... Another option would be to not have books be written by players, but by designers, and only have a few books that are \"interesting\" in at a time. About learning spells... I suppose that\'s possible, but what it provides should be quite limited. I kinda like using it as a method to pass some nifty spells off to newbies, but it shouldn\'t leave them set for life (well, duh, I suppose :P). Those spells should be things that no one can live without or that just make gameplay smoother or the like... If you want there to be a repository of spells, it\'d be better for it to be at a wizards\' guild...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2002, 04:42:09 am by David_HD »