Author Topic: a stage  (Read 1589 times)

Kendrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
a stage
« on: January 08, 2002, 11:29:14 pm »
i would like to see a stage in planeshift, a place where people can act out plays and such, I think it would be neat to watch, or be in a play :)

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2002, 11:33:48 pm »
Hehe, in-game acting, what a strange yet great idea. Can we have character costumes as well?  :))

Mortis

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Hmmmmm
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2002, 11:34:51 pm »
i thinks thats a good idea that could really add to the rpg experiance

Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honour you can achieve.

Kendrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2002, 12:38:03 am »
yes, maybe have a room where no one can talk but the actors(so people can\'t interupt the play)

also the actors could charge people to watch them
but to get a play you have to researve(sp) the play house, which costs money

antonio842

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2002, 12:59:09 am »
lol it would be interesting to see a play done on a game by players, and maybe the actors could charge people for autographs :)

Thekkur

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
in game bards
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2002, 01:27:16 am »
There was a discussion about in game bards some time ago. As it is not possible to give all players voice-over net ability, the bard \'character class\'(we don\'t use classes, planeshift is based on skills, but i\'ll express it this way) is the only one who can talk to other players. they can hear him, and respond to him by chatting, but the bard himself can only hear other bards talking.

Through the voice function bards would have the ability to become leaders (he can give fast commands by voice)
and entertainers. although it\'s only low quality audio, he is still capable of setting up a program at his home and even function as some sort of in-game radio station.

bards would learn more moves over time, and thus the higher the level of the bard, the more he can show to his public. Although a bard is not so good in combat, he can use some low-end magic like healing. Announcements on public boards (on market places and in inns) could be made to attract visitors, who all automaticly donate a certain amount of money (depending on their own wealth and the bard\'s level) when they visit the show.

The bard isn\'t a fact yet, and might be very far away on the \'things to do \' list, (maybe it isn\'t even practicly possible implement such a thing) but I liked the idea.

Thekkur

Kendrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2002, 01:33:48 am »
umm.. not sure what your talking about thekkur, I was thinking anyone could be an actor, and they could type their lines, not speak them

Thekkur

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2002, 01:43:54 am »
typing wouldn\'t be fun. who would sit in a rom and watch someone chatting?

-the bard topic was posted some time ago, on the old boards-

Thekkur

Kendrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2002, 02:05:00 am »
it would be just like reading a book, I, myself, wouldn\'t mind paying a few bucks to see a comedy about life as a peanut in planeshift, as long as i\'ve heard good reveiws about it
« Last Edit: January 09, 2002, 02:20:06 am by Kendrick »

antonio842

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2002, 03:05:01 am »
me niether

and you could even have people who aren\'t actors give them ideas to perform
like if alot of people want to see \"life as a peanut\" then the actors would do a play about that

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2002, 09:20:32 am »
I think that seeing player written plays would be cool, and I don\'t think the fact that the dialogue would be typed is a problem - how many pages of on screen dialogue do we sit through in something like Baldur\'s Gate?

Kendrick is right though, the playhouse (or whatever) would have to be an area of enforced silence, unless the play involved audience participation - which also might be fun :)

Excalibur

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2002, 03:55:33 pm »
I like the idea very much!
Only because I rock dosen\'t mean Im made of stone

whitti

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Cool
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2002, 05:52:40 pm »
I think this would be a neat thing to implement (I say that every post ;).

:D Silence would have to be implemented (except private 1 on 1 chats) and It would be fun even if you couldnt say your lines.

Then (if that COOL ingame book idea happens) you could sell scripts to the playhouse and they could use your idea and pay you money for it.

There could also be wandering Troupes (not TW) which can perform this on makeshift stages.

and (maybe) do some cool things with magic :P what do you think?

Kendrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2002, 12:03:21 am »
monty python of planeshift :) I\'d like to see them :P

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2002, 08:26:36 am »
\'He\'s not the Emissary of Laanx, he\'s a very naughty boy!\'