Author Topic: "Customized" outfits  (Read 2409 times)

Diamondcite

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2004, 12:06:04 am »
Certain types or armor shouldn\'t have weight requirements, it\'s common for kids and other people to wear overly large clothing at home. Since this is the medieval time there is nothing wrong with doing the same thing outside, though it\'ll probably be difficult to render.

To Under the moon: I didn\'t mean to insult the cross-dressers, I was trying allow for that possibility without the other people thinking odd things. On the same note, since you can\'t really tell what the base culture is, the first time you see a member of that race will likely be your lasting impression on how they dress.
I like taking things literally, going overboard is fun! Now... why do I keep getting odd looks?

zinder

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2004, 12:54:05 am »
I dont think changing mind about buying an ordered piece will be a big problem. The merchant can just ask them to pay up front a part of the price. So he gets at least that part and whatever he gets if he finds another buyer.

Frarda

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2004, 01:01:38 am »
The merchant could also ask to be paid partially up front and then walk off and not make it. That would get the customer pretty pissed instead.

zinder

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2004, 01:54:16 am »
First i assumed you wont go to some stranger to get your tailormade outfit.
And yes, that way there is a risk for the orderer. But it is a more even distrubution of the risk between orderer and merchant.  It is much easier to learn the reputation of a merchant for a potentiell buyer than the other way around.

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2004, 03:05:06 am »
Of course, some checks have to be made. For example, the costumer could deposit the money to some locked game-managed account, and when the trade is complete, the player gets the item and the merchant gets the money from the account... That still leaves the option that the player never completes the trade though... Then I guess after X amount of days where the Player doesn\'t respond, the trade is automatically accepted and the merchant gets to keep both the dress and the money. I suppose that should work as a tough lesson learned for the guy who orders something, and then just forgets about it. :)
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2004, 06:56:57 pm »
Is there going to be any clothing to go as extreme as FFX-2? Like Rikku or something? That would be awesome but wouldn\'t fit the \"Planeshift Setting,\" either, dunno toughie...
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

Merdarion

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2004, 02:30:54 pm »
Originally posted by Gronomist
Originally posted by Merdarion
But one thingy:

You find a legendary artifact called \"cuirass of the chameleon\" The perfect thing for your character and then you see that it is for Ywwn, not for Stonebrakers, wouldn\'t that make you angry?

Well, the thing is... You don\'t just \"find\" legendary stuff. If you hear a story about a great Kran who has a great Kran armor, you can decide to go look for it or not. Uber stuff wont be something you just accidently run into. And if you do actually run into someone with uber stuff, without knowing he\'s there, you\'ll most likely die. :)

We\'ll Bilbo Buttlin (I think he is called so in english, buthowever the hobbit) also found the ring of might without knowing that it existed.

And in MW I cane often enough o\'er legendary artifacts.

*Looks around*

\"Damn, ....\"
I want to be a flame, to crumble to ash, but never ever burnt.

I want to rise higher, rise up to the heavens, but sink, just sink down deeper and deeper into nothing,

I want to be an angel, a chosen, a devil, but I am just a creature that ever wants what it wont get.

Frarda

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2004, 02:49:13 pm »
Maybe simple things like belts could be extended/shortened for other characters for a smaller price than making a new one.

Keknehv

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2004, 02:58:18 pm »

We\'ll Bilbo Buttlin (I think he is called so in english, buthowever the hobbit) also found the ring of might without knowing that it existed.

Just to let you know, it\'s Bilbo Baggins...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 04:28:48 pm by Keknehv »
root@stupidadmins:/ #  rm -r *

Originally posted by sesmi
my start bar thingie has moved from the bottom of the screen to the side!!!!! how do i make it go back!!!! help please!!!!!! i\'m sorry this is in the wrong forum but i\'m panicing!!!!!!

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2004, 04:20:26 pm »
Bilbo is... well... That\'s an unique story, and maybe some day there will be unique stories in PS as well, but let\'s not worry about those just yet. After all, we\'ve got to find an evil person first, who can make this legendary item, and then we need to let 2500 years pass by before we find that item... :)
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"

swift

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2004, 05:59:26 pm »
This is a great idea !

Race and gender specific clothing is a must - how can a 7 foot 500KG kran walk around in the clothing of a 60KG dwarf?

Perhaps weight should be a factor of strengh, endurace etc.  

When smiths/tailors etc create armour they should be able to pick a size, requiring a certain quantity of raw material (eg you need 10 units of iron to make mail for a dwarf, but 50 for a kran).  

Smiths should be able to resize/remodel armour by using a certain quantity of raw materials (perhaps 1.2x the difference in raw material required to make a bigger unit at first).  Less skill would be reguired, and items could be made smaller without needing extra raw materials - but rivets and thread would still be needed.
Ingame Names (CB) : Calcius Sakor, Timgiffney Calcior

Merdarion

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2004, 11:11:13 am »
Originally posted by Gronomist
Bilbo is... well... That\'s an unique story, and maybe some day there will be unique stories in PS as well, but let\'s not worry about those just yet. After all, we\'ve got to find an evil person first, who can make this legendary item, and then we need to let 2500 years pass by before we find that item... :)

I will try hard. 8)

However I widh you a merry christmas *<):- )#
I want to be a flame, to crumble to ash, but never ever burnt.

I want to rise higher, rise up to the heavens, but sink, just sink down deeper and deeper into nothing,

I want to be an angel, a chosen, a devil, but I am just a creature that ever wants what it wont get.

Garlok

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2004, 09:30:36 pm »
For kran armor, what about the little gauntlet things they wear? They could also have magical stone hardening amulets that increase defense and stuff on their stone body?

Sunken

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2004, 06:25:30 am »
theres something that u all are forgeting, and if some one just dont battle all the time, and just sell things, his body never will be so defined than a swordsman, dont u think !? So in the game should have some body evolvement by the thing that u pratice, because a thief never wouldn\'t be so muscleman then a miner dwarf, in the character status windows, theres must be a label showing what-is-ur-number-that-u-wear  :] like in the real life, but a diferent sacale ofcorse... so i got something huh !? :D

(edit>some mistakes corrected
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 06:28:02 am by Sunken »

Schlaxo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2004, 07:00:03 am »
I think it\'s a good idea..
I liked it in NwN =p