Author Topic: "Register Account" notice or link on client login menu  (Read 394 times)

MaidenIndigo

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • 藍子
    • View Profile
"Register Account" notice or link on client login menu
« on: May 09, 2005, 08:36:11 am »
I searched for threads with a similar name and found nothing, so hopefully this is not repetative.

There are many, many people who come to the forums to post the question \"WER DO I SINE UP 4 A ACCNT?!?!11 PLZ NE1 TEL ME\" and this gets very, very annoying.

Would it be possible to have a link in the client, or perhaps a link to a basic readme file similar to the \"credits\" button on the login prompt?  I wouldn\'t imagine it would be too difficult since it could use the same code as the \"credits,\" while linking to a different text.  Or maybe even a little note at the bottom of the screen pointing users in the right direction.  \"To sign up for an account, please go to http://laanx.fragnetics.com/register/\"

Though users should look a little harder, the only \"sign-up\" link on the main site is on the download page and it\'s fairly easy to miss.  Given the number of new threads made for this question, it might cut down on the number of thread locks moderators would have to make in a day. ;)

~Indi

DivineLight

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 08:28:08 pm »
Good suggestion MaidenIndigo, it\'s only a matter of minutes to code for it. I suggest to put this in bugtracker and i shall work on it.
Every one will die in pain except those who were less pain for the others, while they were.....

.~\'| MyBlog | FireFox | Gaim | \'~.

MaidenIndigo

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • 藍子
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 08:55:13 pm »
Done and done.  I would code it, but I would first need to familiarize myself with the existing code and how I\'d go about submitting it.  Heh.

Something like this would be easily changed, too (I\'d imagine it\'s just painting a string at (x,y) on the login screen?).  If that\'s the case, the text could be quickly modified if the registration site were to change down the road.

~Indi