Author Topic: a choice is missing...  (Read 923 times)

A?garion

• Traveller
    • View Profile
a choice is missing...
« on: June 02, 2005, 05:15:06 pm »
i think it would be interresting to allow players to choose if their characters are right handed or left handed, it could increase the identification with the character, isn\'t it?

[edit]
hem... sorry! it seems i\'v missed the link for requests for the final game O_o\'
[/edit]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 05:16:57 pm by A?garion »

wetanaf

• Traveller
    • View Profile
srry but
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 07:39:04 am »
srry but wat would u use a left or right handed choice for srry but y would it be cool to have  ? u always know who everyone is just by looking att them u dont have to identivie urself with like hey i am john u kjnow wy  bcuz i am left handed.
Where would u even need that choice for srry if i am being rude mate but its just a weird sugestion.

srry for my language i aint english and only 14 so my spelling is a bid shitty.

Defs keep up the good work

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 08:36:56 am »
Giving that option definitely wouldn\'t harm RPing. It \'s a small thing but it creates a more realistic environment and can create a better sense of identification with your character. If you \'re lefthanded yourself you might want to create a lefthanded character I think.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

wetanaf

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 09:28:39 am »
yes thats true but mate  y would the defs go round this lot of trouble and then they have to do a resset so everyone can make a new choice bout if he s right handed or left handed doesnt realy make sense.

but well its true it would be easyer to identification with your character.

but the Defs are going to take the decision so....

Defs keap up the good work

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 11:52:00 am »
Wetanaf, I can assure you that you have a lot more time than you think you write your posts, so try to write legibly, and not use any cursing ;)

As for the original idea, I love it. It wouldn\'t be that much work, first of all, and there will be \"resets\" a few times anyway. What do you think might happen when more model skins are introduced?

So thumbs up at the idea!
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

fken

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 04:27:26 pm »
I really cant understand what wetanaf is writing

And Im for the left handed and right handed characters.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 04:28:05 pm by fken »

gerix

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 11:23:40 pm »
The left-handed characters are just as important as characters that have different colored hair.  It wouldn\'t be to identify one person from another, but rather give a sense of realism and depth to the game.  I don\'t care that I can\'t identify someone by what they look like, but I don\'t want them to look exactly like me.  8o Freaky!!

wetanaf

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 10:13:13 am »
Karyuu I am sorry bout my language but i am just a dutch 14 jear old  bit dislectic guy so i cant write all the words exactly as i want them or as they use to be if u know wat i am saying.
I am not agaianst the idea i am only against the idea that it would happen now becuz i dont realy like that there would be a reset in such a short time if u make it wenn the resset is comming that i realy love the idea mate.

Defs keep up the good work.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 12:21:02 pm »
Wetanaf, I really doubt they\'d make a reset only for such a single, simple thing ;P The devs have added tons of things (areas, character faces, etc) so far without any resets. So no fear.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

wetanaf

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 12:47:16 pm »
ok mate i trusth you and well i am only against the idea of the reset wen it is just for such litle thing but i am looking forwerth to the reset wenn it\'ll be necesarry

keder

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 02:44:14 pm »
i wouldn\'t worry about the prophecy of The Wipe for quite some time. eventually it will come to pass, but no one knows when. the fulfillment of these prophecies is few and far between.

--- keder maloy

Taurenthefirst

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 03:24:18 pm »
yeah they would never reset characters just for right or left handedness.... but i think it is a good idea, adds that one little extra bit of uniqueness to your character.