Author Topic: Responsive Engine  (Read 511 times)

Achilles_Asheelz

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Responsive Engine
« on: September 16, 2005, 05:39:09 pm »
A game Engine Response, like Area (0) has one ?thief? of a NPC guild, hypothetically speaking, and gets jumped by a group of individuals? say 10. The server calculates 10 individuals against one is not fair, (Of course understanding levels and assigning points to all players and NPC?s to allow for easier calculation.) thus the 10 attacking the singular thief then get jumped by 9 equally powerful thieves. I believe the world works in Cause and Effect, so why not incorporate that into a game? Most games have the same old NPC spawn-points, randomized or not it?s still the same, but put a slight twist onto how certain events can lead to spawning and more storyline development can be attained.

It?s a rough Idea at the moment, but I would enjoy seeing some cause and effect as a basic attribute to game-play... Well, a little more than just quests.

darkw00t

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 05:42:02 pm »
this is slightly off topic to what you said but you should be able to do 2 on 1  killing (PvPing) though in monsters there should be that random event thing every once in a while
Eleloy Shadowfrost

Achilles_Asheelz

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 05:47:20 pm »
Yes, a random dice rule modifier. PvPing is a whole different aspect I would think. Groups would probably have to accommodate a different equation. It?s a thought.

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 12:05:46 am »
Rubber band AI is evil => NO

Though, NPCs should have the ability to call for help, in some cases.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 12:06:17 am by DaveG »

::  PlaneShift Team Programmer  ::

darkw00t

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 12:19:48 am »
the whole stormy weather situation should happen, so that if it trains they run for shelter (NPCs near tavern will go to tavern, near harnquists shelter will go to harnquist\'s shelter and so on), which would make it more realistic
Eleloy Shadowfrost