Author Topic: !!! idea !!!!  (Read 1766 times)

rathma

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
!!! idea !!!!
« on: December 02, 2002, 12:13:50 pm »
I have a really cool idea that could be added to planeshift(If they are already making something similar my bad) I think it would be awesome if somewhere in the village/city/town/whatever you want to call it, that there was an arena. This arena could have many purposes. Firstly, it could be used as a 1 on 1 batlle where everyone in the town could watch two people fight to the death. Secondly, they could have someone pay money to enter the arena fighting all sorts of monsters that appear, and if they win they get double the money they paid. And last but not least, they could have a free for all with up to 10 people in the arena fighting and the last one standing wins money.        Please reply on how you liked/disliked the idea. :D        

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2002, 12:36:01 pm »
A reasonable idea, but there is actually a board called \"wish list\" where you go to post ideas for the game.

Please be sure to read the rules and requirments of the board before posting

boonet

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2002, 01:58:50 pm »
In any case, the arena idea is in Planeshift by a long time, and it will be included in future releases.

rathma

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
yay
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2002, 03:58:25 pm »
Yay! I have always wanted a game with an arena!and i always wanted a free mmorpg with good graphics but i\'ve already found that(PlaneShift)

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2002, 06:12:27 pm »
Welcome!

But, there is no game that I can think of off the top of my head that has no arena.

loneranger

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2002, 06:16:45 pm »
i think the area i dea has been stated but its a good one none-the-less! :))
How can you guys be \"The Lone Rangers\" when there is three of you?
                                     - Airheads

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2002, 08:14:44 pm »
Would the other fighter get the rights to raid your corpse? I hope not. That makes me soo angry. I\'m too cheap to buy (or repair) my armour.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2002, 08:22:23 pm »
A long time ago I posted a thread on the Wish List called Arena Options, where at the beginning of the duel you choose of some options such as perma-death, winner gets loser\'s items, wins certain amount of money, or get nothing

...does that sound good to ya?  :D

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2002, 09:28:59 pm »
Yep. That floats my boat. As long as I get to keep that armour that I spent 5 hours in a dungeon to find.

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2002, 09:35:06 pm »
Yeah, that sounds good Kiern.

Either you and someone that you want to battle, can decide on the options for the battle, or you can go in by yourself, choose the optiions you want, and it will automatically pair you up with someone looking for the same type of battle.

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2002, 09:40:24 pm »
Insta-pairing sounds good. but could the game make it so that if someone else in another town wants to fight th same way as you, one could use a teleporter to get to the other arena?

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2002, 09:45:44 pm »
I dont think portals are neccessary. If you were in a town with an arena, the maximum time it could take to get to the arena would be like 5 minutes, which isnt too long to wait.

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2002, 09:56:23 pm »
So travel between towns won\'t be long? that\'s a shame.

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2002, 10:06:31 pm »
No, I was saying travel \"within\" towns would take 5 minutes max. I think travel between towns will be quite big. But what do i know?

Sorry, I misread your other post, where you said someone from another town. I thought you said from the same town.

Maybe all the Arena\'s in Yliakum are magically linked. like in Pokemon, how if you go to one Pokemon centre, you can battle someone at another Pokemon center.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2002, 10:11:12 pm by Silverblade »

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2002, 12:32:14 am »
Yeah, I was thinking about diffrant towns. Since in one town there might not be alot of PC\'s (Like UO) so with that you could transport to a major place quickly. Then maybe when your done, you could transport back. Travel within town shouldn\'t take very long, the one in the demo looks pretty well laid out.