Author Topic: Complex movement/combat  (Read 1455 times)

BaretteDeBeurre

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2002, 04:42:04 pm »
with weapons better for one thing than others, like chains could get someone fall easier than a club which would stun easier than a sword which would trip easier than.....

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2002, 02:58:46 am »
I like the idea of auto-formation function (AFF?) That\'s like Baldur\'s Gate. A quick tap of the button, and you could get phallenxs, V formations, almost anything. Actually, I like the idea of putting a bit of strategy into the game while keeping an rp element. The battle system shouldn\'t be like Freedom Force, that would be too much strategy. But having it like completely hack n slash, would take too much from skill growth. I mean, I don\'t think you should need a practiced army to take down a dungeon boss, but it shouldn\'t be stab, stab, stab, stab, heal, stab, die. Logic and brute force, eqaully balanced out. I\'m not just riding fences here, but I think balance is the key to good games (I love Dragon\'s Lair).

BaretteDeBeurre

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2002, 05:25:38 am »
yeah, sure, a good balance between strategy and skills would be the best. Group and solo strategy. Let\'s not make a simply more evoluted diablo, but a MMORPG.

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2002, 01:56:13 am »
Actually, if you put room puzzles in the game like found in Zelda, this would make Dungeons unique and intresting. It wouldn\'t have to be anything genius. maybe, push this button, pull that switch. It could work.

cmhitman

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2002, 11:24:57 am »
WOW,

I think this is the first wish list thread about the combat system that I really think has the right ideas about how a combat system really is suppose to work.
I think that a fps aspect should defintely be added to the game, like shooting arrows and what not. I\'ve seen it done in less promising 3d mmorpg\'s so I mean planeshift should be able to do it

Also,
 love the idea about squad based combat, for all the ps programming team think rainbow six  ;)

PROUD [SOLE]    HITMAN CLAN WILL RISE AGAIN!      

Homunculus

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2002, 01:04:13 pm »
the more i read here, the more its going to look like Shadowbane *hides*

but tactics should IMHO be a part of the game, otherwise guilds are probably gonna be \"you need to be level 5234 to join, and atleast 10000 to advance to the next rank\" while if there are tactics, even the weaker people can be usefull (a new person might not be as good as fighting one on one, but I rather have a new person with a shield next to me, then NO-ONE )

Aduin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2002, 06:36:46 pm »
I\'ve only got two things to say. Braveheart, and Gladiator. Let your immagination do the rest. =)