Author Topic: Spawning  (Read 1463 times)

[shem]

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2002, 12:11:18 pm »
i think that we need spawning but not farming, and we dont need the whole two orcs stand and make babies (its unrealistic)

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2002, 04:54:38 pm »
which is more unrealisitc, monsters appearing from nowhere, or monsters appearing from existing monsters?

The only reason for simulating \"birth\" is so that the number of creatures created depends on the present population.

Aduin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2002, 07:11:49 pm »
Heh, wow I\'m thinking way to into this, but here\'s an extension on the idea. If at the begining, there were random strength mobs, from really weak to really strong. Then introduce the whole reproduction thing, and you get survival of the fittest, and Darwinian evolution! Especially if the AI evolved as people hunted them more. =P Getting a little overzealous with the realism, but hey, it could be cool.

Pheonix

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2002, 11:52:55 pm »
*patiently waits Venge\'s responce to this*

=)

Uuma quena en\'mani lle ume (ri\'mani lle umaya). (Uma ta ar\'lava ta quena ten\'irste\'.)

JOIN BISM    
Hunters of Hel    

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2002, 01:37:47 am »
So then how do new Newbs have fun when all monsters have evolved to be stronger than them?

Pheonix

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2002, 01:52:55 am »
A solutiion could be that the world of evolving monsters is kept in check, there should always be the \"newbie monsters\" perhaps the farther away from whatever the designated newbie zone is the more likely it is that youll encounter bigger numbers of meaner monsters (of course there should be the possibillity that a new species would terrorize the newbie town until dealt with by stronger players)
So instead of just allowing these evolution models to run rampant and creating monsters which are ridiclously hard to slay, we put some control into it to provide for newbies.
Also we provide for the player whos been around years and is bored with the current monsters we have, he goes to his usual hunting area to kill a species he is familiar with, lo and behold a horde of something new, maybe faster,maybe stronger,maybe just new resistances come out and suprise him.

Then again we have to take into effect what this is going to do to the server resources. =/
Use them,
this is where I think the feasabillty for such an idea looses its steam, is a evolution model like this worth what its going to cost the server ?
Maybe so, then again maybe not.

Another possibillity is that we introduce monsters without having the evolution model in place,and reduce the numbers of the monster we want to phase out, its not exactly the same thing but it could very well have a similar effect

Personally I would like to see the evolution model in game but as always people thats just my opinion. =)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2002, 01:59:59 am by Pheonix »

Uuma quena en\'mani lle ume (ri\'mani lle umaya). (Uma ta ar\'lava ta quena ten\'irste\'.)

JOIN BISM    
Hunters of Hel    

Nikech

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2002, 12:11:37 pm »
Originally posted by Vengeance
So then how do new Newbs have fun when all monsters have evolved to be stronger than them?

Maybe whne some type of monsters becomes stronger than others it start hating them, because they know that they are better than others, like noob pkers. Those strong monsters could kill weaker ones when they meet them and hunt them until there are only few monsters of the weaker type left. Then the weaker monsters would become even more weaker and new players would be able to kill them.

Just an idea.

Loremaster in the Arcane Order

\"That was when I realized that the light I\'d seen at the end of the tunnel was actually the headlight of an onrushing locomotive. \" -George R. R. Martin