Author Topic: I believe i can fly  (Read 1287 times)

acreal

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I believe i can fly
« on: February 27, 2006, 07:34:34 pm »
I had an idea to add some diversity to the races in PS, let me explain:

While being able to fly would be too much, i think it could be possible to add a \"fly\" skills, allowing races having wings to do planning from a points in heights (on limited distance). It would start quite ridiculously and be very hard to learn (so you\'d only gain travel time on the time you spent training). Another point would be that if you land too harshly, you could easily die, adding a lot of risk to the practice of this skill.

There could also be some specific buildings (not in all cities) which are designed to allow flying characters to jump from, and fly (plane really) to varying distances.

Also, for this not to be a \"Klyros only\" skill, Diaboli could be given back their demon wings (which only gods can do ?) after some extra rare event (no idea what though).

There could even be some item(s) (a gem or else) to act as fuel (ie it would be consumed when you fly), . Another way to keep the distance limited would be to have this skill *very* consuming Endurence: so you\'d first have to train a lot, then to have a lot of endurence (the skill would be hard to learn at first). Finally, if we want to push it to the extreme, there could be a landing capacity which would allow landing more safely...

Given all the above, this skill would only be usable by very high lvl players.

Just imagine seeing a char approaching against the sun and landing just next to you... ;-)

What do you think ?

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 07:39:38 pm »
I think it\'s obvious that a Fly skill is planned for the Klyros, and that the races are not changing to give anyone else wings ;) There are also no \"levels,\" so there are no \"high lvl players\" - only highly skilled characters.

The fly-from-buildings idea is a good one \\o/

Flying isn\'t magic-related, it\'s anatomy and skill based - so there will need to be some sort of separate \"Fly\" spell for any items (gems) to affect anything.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

acreal

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 07:50:35 pm »
the races are not changing to give anyone else wings ;)
It\'s just that i have a Diaboli char that i would love to see with some big demonish wings. so i thought maybe the designers just forgot to design their wings... :-)
There are also no \"levels,\"
There is skill levels ;-)

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 01:39:55 am »
No wings for diaboli!

Anyways, the fly skill wouldnt be to out of place with other races. Considering that pterosaurs and megaras are _going_ to be implemented at some point.
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 02:18:06 am »
A Diabolo is not a demon - people need to remember this ;) A real Diabolo has inky black skin, not red. Sure there are similarities, but they are ultimately different. Thus, no wings.

Celebrimor

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 01:35:54 pm »
awww... and here I was hoping to see my hammerweilder grow wings and fly away into the sunset...

Anywat, having \"launching platfomrs\" for Kylros would be cool, maybe a tower with four or five levels (could be more, could be less) at different heights, and you\'d need special permission to use it, so at first you could only use it to travel small lengths (from the first  floor, which wouldn\'t be too high) and then you could get permits to use the upper floors to travel further. They could also charge you for using the Tower, the ammount charged would deppend on which platform you\'ll be jumping from.

acreal

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 03:24:56 pm »
A Diabolo is not a demon - people need to remember this ;)
Well the player\'s guide does not say much about their origins, but

1. resistance to elemental magic because of deep knowledge of this area in magic
2. avoid sacred objects
2. come from a burning land that continuously erupted black smoke...
3. their name (means Devil)
4. their appearance (horns, tail, skin color)

makes it pretty hard for one not to think these are somewhat related to demons... ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 03:26:19 pm by acreal »

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 06:01:49 pm »
True :) But Klyros aren\'t dragons either, so.. :3

Allucard

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 06:32:25 pm »
why dont imlement flyin vehilkes like big paperdragons or something like this?
then every race can use this towers and the flying skill isn\'t \"Klyros only\" but maybe Klyros start with a higer lvl and lern faster than other rases thats keep the balance
------------------------------
sorry for my bad english i hope you know what i mean ;)
------------------------------

acreal

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 07:53:05 pm »
why dont imlement flyin vehilkes like big paperdragons or something like this?
doesn\'t seem very realistic in a medieval background (except if you crash and rebuild the plane everytime) ;)

anyway, there\'s gonna be 2 flying creatures i think (imo could be 1/2 more), it was just a personnal wish to add style to my character :)
really, those PS devs doesn\'t have a clue about what is good. :D just kidding...

*edit*

or maybe we could just remove the wings from the klyros and... :D

Please avoid posting two or more successive posts before others have replied. Just edit your last post to add new information :) Thanks! --Karyuu
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 01:28:19 am by acreal »

defender43

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 08:48:02 pm »
Originally posted by Karyuu
True :) But Klyros aren\'t dragons either, so.. :3

No. But they do have dragonlike characteristics. But then, they also have much better breath.
\"Impossible is in the eye of the beholder.\" -- Laredo Silverspring.
\"Huh?\" -- Crimsonn Draycko.

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 09:30:21 pm »
hmm I never thought the \"klyros is a dragon\" argument wasever a good point, although why it had to be a flying serpent I don\'t know. Makes you think draconium so was perhaps better to have given them feathers to not have that. ;)

Anyhow think the Klyros flying should be a benefit they have, but something other people should be able to do with a little more effort with a flying creature they would ride upon.

Perhaps have companies who let you use them for a fee and klyros can do it for free ;)

Other races should have something similar though like nightvision perhaps. Has to be some thinking about that or klyros would have a huge benefit over the other races.

Ric

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 12:17:25 am »
Originally posted by acreal
or maybe we could just remove the wings from the klyros and... :D

well the light armor only does well to make up for the fact that klyros can fly (besides if thay were able to thay wold be to hevy to get off the grownd)

also how will flying worck I recomend we use a sistim like this:

You press space to jump off a cliff or something. wile in the air press jump agen (dont hold it ) to start glideing*
now when your redy to land get closer to the ground and now hold space to slow down this is to help prevent falling damage. alternetively hold jump to just flap the wings i.e. when you are not at a cliff (or someting) and just want to reach a higher ground

this wold worck well with the tower idea just press jump and you jet shot a wayse away and adomaticly start glideing

I have more Ideas concerning the flight of other races but I\'ll have to post them later

*Note:lets use phisics here (I know this will be the hard part to code) move down to gain speed and the faster you are the higher you can go just dont go up to quickly.

so any coments, Karyuu, anyone?

*edit*:were are my nanners I hven itroduced myself
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 12:20:47 am by Ric »

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 01:31:22 am »
There have been several threads in the past discussing Klyros anatomy and flight and whatnot, which had a lot of good ideas :) However, I think since this isn\'t likely to happen any time within our normal definition of \"soon,\" discussing details such as possible commands and controls is just for fun.

Note that Klyros will be able to fly for a short time only, so it will be more like a limited glide. They will never be able to stay up in the air for a long period.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 01:31:39 am by Karyuu »

Kymizer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 09:35:29 am »
i think the klyros already have some flying abilily..becuz i was following one..he fell off a building...and walked away..i jumped off and died...is there something else that has to do with this?
Kyzer
The Blue Dragons Clan
The Dragon Council

DaveG is the greatest...
Quote from: DaveG
Dude, you have issues...