Author Topic: Shops, ,restruants ect  (Read 1467 times)

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Shops, ,restruants ect
« on: October 03, 2007, 07:40:07 pm »
In addition to the guild houses , it would be nice to have buildings that were open to all that  did not need  keys ect. Though players could still buy them and own them (with deeds as proof of ownership). Also this could be shops, if players wanted to  have a buissness.  For example if a crafter wanted to sell weapons she/he  would    buy a building and set up  a shop. Or if someone wanted to open some sought of restruant ( when the cooking ability come s in :D).

Though this would bring in the design of the buildings, now I would like to see a varaition of designs , to suite a players needs in a buildings. So if it was a shop ,  it would be basic, with just a wooden counter and perhaps some wall decorations. I wouldnt go into a sim-like option where players could design the inside of their buildings , simply because it would be too much of a hassal.
Also if it was a restruant it would have a kitchen and some tables ( like the ones in the Hydlaa tavern).

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but  stuff like this would encourage some RP, and add some variation to it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 07:46:49 pm by RoberetGoldsmith »

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Shops, ,restruants ect
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 07:44:40 pm »
Love the idea roberet! hydlaa has alot of houses who's doors do nothing... Im sure all of them wont become guild halls... I support this idea.

I think it would be cool to get a barber shop too change your character's hair model... But thats just an idea.

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 08:24:40 pm »
I think it would be cool to get a barber shop too change your character's hair model... But thats just an idea.

Patience  :detective:

Bopha

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 11:10:41 pm »
 ;D nice idea. Now i just imagine of changing hair style for the Kran. what will the Kran look like?  :o
Bopha Samphors
Associated Member of Ways of Life

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 12:04:20 am »
Elvis.

Sheneer Shenele

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 04:06:23 pm »
for a kran you go to the sculptor

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 08:43:48 pm »
That would be painful... kran aren't rock you know :P...

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 09:21:54 pm »
opening some of the houses would be nice, but we'd run out of space. there isnt enough room for everyone to buy a shop, or even everyone who can afford one

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 10:43:44 am »
opening some of the houses would be nice, but we'd run out of space. there isnt enough room for everyone to buy a shop, or even everyone who can afford one

Very true.

I see the limited supply of houses as a bonus, think about it, if  there was a unlimited supply of houses, we would see hundreds of shops selling the same things, also the value of houses would of been  worthless, and every tom,dick,and harry could buy one.  With a limited supplu of houses this would mean houses would be expensive and only players who have put some thought into it, would actully buy  one

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 11:10:13 am »
I see the problem of limited space that way:
It is unnatural that all buildings in different towns are NPC owned. There are really a lot of players. they have to sleep somewhere. Yeah, we don't sleep or eat, but it is about realism, well realism so that RPing different things has a purpose other than pretending.
Yeah, many player characters are journey-people, so they don't own a house they wouldn't sleep in most of the time anyway. They rather sleep in taverns or inns.
But there is only one tavern in whole Hydlaa for instance (with 3 rooms ;P). This would have to change.
As for player owner simple houses. Well, i don't care if i pass by NPC house or player house. They are all the same.

On topic of shops.
Well, i wouldn't panic there that we would have towns of shops. Because of a little detail: You have to pay taxes!
Now, would you pay taxes for a shop, which won't give you money, because owning is all you do about it 99% of the time? Ok, some people will, but this won't make towns of shops. In the end there will be as many shops as there are needed. There will be shops owned only by those dedicated enough to stay above.

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

Erisnas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 07:42:56 pm »
One idea I was considering posting to fix the problem of limited houses is this:

What if we made Hydlaa extend indefinitely?

Now I did not say infinitely, but indefinitely.  This would mean that we could see that it goes on, but we don't know actually how far (maybe you could with some math).  Then in the part that we extend indefinitely we cannot travel to by walking, instead it is zoned off as the residential district.  All you had to do to access your house then was talk to the guards in front.  They would then teleport you to the selected street.
  Now for the second half including streets.  In the residential district you could have 1 or more maps that have a street with several houses on them.  Now even though all the streets may look the same, each street with a different name would be its own 'version'. 
  Also, if this idea works then you could section off houses even more into streets with different maps with different looks.  Then you could continue from there to make high-end streets with expensive houses to smaller, apartment style homes, to even a street with few utilities and services (I expect that some houses will have water and other features while others don't).

Sheneer Shenele

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 10:28:50 am »
That would be painful... kran aren't rock you know :P...
i was meaning they get a rock hair-do which is glued to their hair, much stronger than ordinary wigs ;D