Author Topic: partial quality of looted weapons  (Read 754 times)

Adder

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
partial quality of looted weapons
« on: May 25, 2008, 01:18:30 pm »
I would welcome if looted weapons (and armor) were partially damaged - then I could train the weapons repair skill with some of them.
When eventually the NPC item buyers take quality into account, fixing weapons before trading them will be a much wanted skill.

As it is, I basically have to use armor and weapons below my standard just to damage them so I can repair them later.

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
Re: partial quality of looted weapons
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 03:25:47 pm »
I would welcome if looted weapons (and armor) were partially damaged - then I could train the weapons repair skill with some of them.
When eventually the NPC item buyers take quality into account, fixing weapons before trading them will be a much wanted skill.

humm why not, although they are enough players who fight so you can ask them if they need to have their armors/weapons be repaired :P

the devs tried a system to take quality into account in .020 just after the release, but there were an infortunate problem lol lets hope that system isnt forgotten ^^
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

Prolix

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 03:34:37 pm »
As far as I know, q300 crafted weapons are about the best you can get unless you desperately need stat bonuses and they repair as easy as q50 ones. The ones that take the longest are the ones with the most intrinsic value. What you don't want to make 15 minute repairs? :(
As for armor, well, it will take a long time before you can repair anything above leather I guess. 

Adder

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 04:05:51 pm »
That is why I am wearing leather boots :) Just for repairs ..
But I'd rather loot half-damaged leather boots and repair these, while staying protected with chainmail boots.

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 04:11:38 pm »
Right now it is _not_ possible for the server to spawn items with anything less then 50/50 quality unless it is set as so for all items with that name.

Prolix

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 05:40:23 pm »
No it is true what you say about armor but it is a more recent development. I play a Kran who gets no benefit from wearing leather but still wears those boots. Still there are likely many people who commonly wear leather who do not bother to repair them, all you have to do is convince them to give you their business.
All the same I have never looted armor anyway. It may be the tables need to be updated at some point.

At least with weapons you can repair after every third or fourth fight depending on how long they take. I find that there being only one thing you can repair at low levels -- leather boots -- is a little off. With weapons it is a number of things similarly valued.

Nairan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 05:47:18 pm »
listen around, the repairers beggin the folk for fixing their armor at own cost. we beg for it not so bad is it with weapons but i still would do it since its a benefit for me and a repaired armor/wepons for them.
even on own coast.