Author Topic: Bury and Dig Treasure commands  (Read 1009 times)

Adder

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Bury and Dig Treasure commands
« on: July 18, 2008, 04:46:22 pm »
/bury
You would hold a shovel in one hand and the bag or item to be buried in the other hand. Or maybe you would place it on the ground.
Before burying, a check would be made that nothing else can be mined here or that the location isnt too steep.

/dig treasure
Would check for buried treasure

The server would remove treasures of lower value after a day or a month, respectively, so that the server doesn't get clogged down with buried tefusang teeth.

Why?
The dig treasure command could be combined with quests.
The bury command would serve as a not so poor man's bank.

And it would be fun to sneak up on people burying their treasure to dig it out later.

You could easier get rid of garbage, if you wanted to.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 05:12:48 pm by Adder »

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
Re: Bury and Dig Treasure commands
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 09:23:35 pm »
You could easier get rid of garbage, if you wanted to.

So we are going to dig out garbage? And it's not so hard to get rid of it: just put it in the furnace and leave it there. Most things turn into a pile of dust after a while and disappear. You don't even have to wait near the furnace for it to happen. I have been getting messages for piles of dust when I was already on the forest path (near Hydlaa --> Harnquist's furnace) :lol:

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 11:04:55 pm »
It'd be a fun feature. I can see some characters getting really mischievous with it... ;D
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Seraj

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: Bury and Dig Treasure commands aka Archeology
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 09:26:54 am »
We have ruins in Yliakum and also an Archeologist NPC. It would be good to have Archeology as a craft/job. The mechanics for the same exists in most parts already in the game:

a. Dig command - You probably need another command like /explore or something with another toolset instead of the rockpick (maybe shovel???)

b. The Loot mechanics to throw up hidden treasures (amulets, rings, glyphs, weapons, books etc)

c. The landscape is so vast...that the wilderness is such a great place for "Explorers"

Im not sure abt the bury treasure and dig it later .....seems complicated. My wish is quiet elementary  :)

Joemama246

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 11:13:33 am »
That would be realy cool.[I would get micevious with it]

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 02:16:37 pm »
This could certainly get interesting with events

Pelinal

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 06:19:10 am »
It's a really good idea I think. Would put some thrill in the game. And the archeology skill too  :lol:

Eathon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 07:10:16 am »
 I really like the concept, but I think it would have to be limited. For example, a few dropped items can create lag, so, even if the items were not actually "placed" under the map, but instead stored on a server database with co-ordinates, it would seem to me to take up too much memory. This burial system would commonly be used as a primitive bank, so, when you think of how many players would be continuously accessing the database (especially when multiple players bury "treasure" in one location, and mistakes are made), I think this idea in the form proposed here would just take up too much of the server's memory and computing power. However, I think this could be useful with events, and the "bury" command should be made a GM power, and the "dig" confined to the zone/s where the "treasure" is, to avoid too many queries or the database storing too many "treasures".