Author Topic: summoning  (Read 3193 times)

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2002, 02:21:14 pm »
if mt magic skill is high enough. id like to summon demons fron hell!  :D
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2002, 04:28:24 pm »
You are a demon from Hell or pretty close.I could see it as a spell that lets your friend know your in danger and then they can teleport to you.
An item of some sort is what Im thinking that is attuned to different players.
Like a danger sense that you feel when the other person is in danger perhaps from loss of hitpoints so you dont really know how bad they are hurt  but you can choose to teleport to them using the item.

Now for summoning I think there should be various different kinds of summoning.
Perhaps different types of creatures could be summoned by different alignments.
good would bring good creatures bad would bring bad creatures.Neutral would bring both good and evil.

Different creatures would be able to do different things.
Locate people ,search for things,send deliver messages,guard things,fight

Holy_spike

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2002, 06:52:02 pm »
YEY necro! :D  :D

What you mean by neutral?  Wouldn\'t you have a civil war?  Like the good summoned monster auto attack the evil ones and visa versa

:D WOOT! SPRING BREAK! WOOT! :D  

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
neutral
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2002, 12:21:38 pm »
Well there are some beasts that are neutral.But as i see it unless summoning is gonna go like it does in most fantasy novels.Where the summoner conjurs circles of protection and has to be very specific and careful regarding lines and runes ,candles,times etc .I dont think the creatures will have minds of there own for the most part.
Most likely it would be summoning like other games where you summon the creature and it is of the same alignment as yourself.

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2002, 09:26:02 pm »
sumoning is dumb...fight for yourself u wussies

besides...what would stop be from suming up a (insert monster name here) and killing it....gettin exp for doin the magic deal and soem for killing it..its dumb..let the monsters be things to lvl on the right way.

ratdudett

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2002, 08:44:59 pm »
i think its a cool idea :) :P i wanna dragon a baby blue one ;)  :rolleyes: :)

Weitang

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2002, 10:23:15 pm »
I think you should be able to sumon creatures, and not have to be high level to.  You should be able to summon stronger creatures as your level goes up, or at the rate you train the skill or whatever.  I\'m not saying that you would be able to summon something way stronger then you, just about the same level as yourself.  This could be the primary way a caster could fight.  *A caster that would specialize in this though*  The caster should also be able to like, cast disease spells and stuff...  I dunno, but I dont think that it should be required to be real high level to do it.

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2002, 10:48:11 am »
I don\'t know why I didn\'t reply Meket\'s last post,  I completely forgot about this thread.

Meket\'s got a point here,  you shouldn\'t get exp for killing the monster you just summoned.  I think that it doesnt make any sense to get experience from a monster that follows you everywhere and won\'t attack you.  So, the summoner must not get exp for killing his/her monster.
Also,  it could happen that a summoner calls a monster just to let his/her friend kill it,  helping him to gain lvls.

Oh and Weitang is right,  summoning should be possible to low level characters as well.  Of course they won\'t summon a huge and dangerous monster,  but a monster which is about the same level as the caster.  I don\'t know why many people say that summoning a monster should cost a great amount of MP and require a high level character to cast the spell.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2002, 02:59:35 am »
good would bring good creatures bad would bring bad creatures.Neutral would bring both good and evil

ow so a good player would summon a lil pink bunny. but an evil player summons a big hell demon. :D

it could happen that a summoner calls a monster just to let his/her friend kill it, helping him to gain lvls.

so what. I like this idea this way U could get monsterranchers and U pay em they summon a creature U like for U. but the creature has to fight back.

Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2002, 05:30:16 am »
Why not do as it is in (for an example) Baldurs Gate, you don\'t get experience for killing a summoned creature, besides you must make a difference between summoning and raising spells, and the high level monsters maybe need to be bribed or such to join your side.
And raising spells, which is black necromantic spells need a corpse of some sort to work, if you raise a newly killed person or monster you get a zombie and if you raise a body from a cemetary (there is no cemetarys in planeshift by the way, this is an example) you get a skeleton and if you would by mistake raise an undead creature from the old, like what happens if I throw raise at this lich kings grave?
Then you have a Lich king, and he will probably kill you just for the fun of it.
Skeletons and Zombies have no mind of their own so if they are not commanded to do something they will just stare blankly in the air even if they are attacked.

Back to the summoning, small monsters are easy to intimidate, therefore it\'s pretty easy to make them join your side, if they are not intelligent you charm them as a part of the spell, high level monsters as a dragon must be bribed, cajoled and they are to big or smart to be charmed, all summoned creatures is intelligent and they will protect themself and their caster (if they are on his side), but if not charmed they will not make foolish things, if they don\'t have a chance they will run and creatures of the higher levels may turn on you if you give them orders that is a sure way of getting themself killed.
Join The Order Of The Hand .
The rules are being updated, mail me if you are interested in knowing them.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"
Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.

gwydion2

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2002, 01:04:59 am »
The summoning is a great idea, but for the dutch people: \"lolz, die andere gasten verstaan er niks van, dat is toch ook nie al te leuk voor hen!\"
The summoning friends sounds cool too, but it should only be possible once every ? houres.
And you shouldn\'t be able to summon the most powerful creatures. Oh, and another thing: if you get killed, even if you have summoned a creature, the creature will go insane and attack everyone, including your friends. This would make it a bit harder and more fun.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2002, 01:09:27 am by gwydion2 »

cmhitman

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2002, 01:00:04 am »
hahaha funny guys.......
PROUD [SOLE]    HITMAN CLAN WILL RISE AGAIN!      

Conan

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2002, 01:30:17 am »
Or you could force creatures with weak will to fight for u. And that could be cool that someone summons 100 minions and become a lord like Sauron and every body tries to kill him. THAT would be cool.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2002, 01:30:59 am by Conan »
CtB

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2002, 06:00:34 am »
Maybe follow D&D a tad in when (relative power level-wise...) we can summon variously powered beings... Then we\'ve got some playtesting working for us...