Author Topic: # of People Playing  (Read 496 times)

Dwin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
# of People Playing
« on: June 02, 2003, 09:14:40 pm »
Hello. I dont know where to put this question, so I will post it here. I was wondering, on the server availability check, where it says how many clients there are, does that mean how many people are online? Because, I usually only see around 20-30 people online, and that seems very small for an MMORPG.

I havent played Planeshift yet, so I dont know if it is common to see that few people playing. The main reason is that I dont have enough time to download it...it downloads so slowly on my comp. And then the first time I tried to start the game after downloaded all 5 parts and the reassembler, it said the file was corrupted...but thats not the point.

Anyway, I just want to know if this was planned to be the average amount of people on at a time...Or if the # of clients even means the # of people playing...Thats about it.

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 09:19:27 pm »
The number shown on the server status page is the number that are online at the moment.  It usually ranges from around 20-40.  That may seem small but keep in mind that this is only the start of what we have in mind.  The current release is to show people that we have a honest to god thing going here.  Consider it our proof that we are doing things.  

Right now I\'m pretty happy with the numbers.  We get excited whenever we hit a new peak.  

We hope that the the future release of Crystal Blue, PlaneShift will have some more of the elements that people associate with a MMORPG.  

So expect this number to go up and up and up  :)
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 09:25:50 pm »
What he is trying to say but has not said it, is?this is really not a game or even a world yet. We have a town for you to walk around in and a pretty bad chat system. The graphics are decent but the performance is terrible.

That said, it is coming along. The sweat and tears of the volunteers is paying off and we should have something new in a few months. (read more then 6 less then 12)
-Paxx

Dwin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2003, 09:28:32 pm »
Well, actually, I didnt really mean to say that as you thought, since I havnt even played the game yet.