Author Topic: house building??  (Read 4112 times)

Mortis

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2002, 11:56:38 am »
thanks made it larst night

Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honour you can achieve.

Dumb Woob

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2002, 02:18:15 pm »
i liked the old one better

Mortis

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2002, 02:26:28 pm »
Really? maybe i should make a poll

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2002, 06:21:23 pm »
Isn\'t that guy in the sig one of the characters of \"Chrono Trigger\"? I think it was named Magus, or something, I don\'t quite remember.

Anyway, its a very nice sig. But I have to agree with Dumbwoob, I think the other one is better.

Mortis

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2002, 07:02:23 pm »
yeah it is magus and how comes u people like the first one its a logo saying MORTIS with light comeing from behind it dont u think its a bit on the plain side

AfricaX

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2002, 09:08:56 pm »
And the pentabular chingo has everything to do with it. Xena died so many times i really don\'t think it\'ll work. Did you just hear that someone being slapped with a sturgeon? Anyway WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?!!?!
My old sig was taken by some alien forces just outside of Trinidad. Infidel! Never underestimate the power of stupid people! (In large groups)

AfricaX

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2002, 09:09:38 pm »
sorry about caps :(
My old sig was taken by some alien forces just outside of Trinidad. Infidel! Never underestimate the power of stupid people! (In large groups)

DeadlyPencil

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
uhg
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2002, 10:46:36 pm »
housing would take to long to implement into a game like this... it would add little to the game play and so i would rather see them adding other stuff like new monsters, skills, or more map than spend a long time on housing...

in runescape Andrew did have a reason for not implementing the housing update you know.

Flik

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2002, 01:31:55 am »
Hmmm, unless you wanna help pay for a kick ass server(s), Don\'t count on Custom housing being in ;)
\"Today I:
Quit my job, then I told my boss to f*ck off, then I blackmailed him for 60,000$\"

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2002, 08:32:24 am »
houses would be cool. but if i cant build myself a giant castle then id love to get me a big fancy house. but how bout this. you can build a house but your house would only be there for about a week in real time. after that the player built houses are deleted from the server or servers, and gives other people a chance to build or own houses. and you could make it so if you have stuff in your house when it gets deleted all those things are transfered to a storage area or a bank or whatever. of course if the wrld is as big as the ultima online world then you wouldnt need to delete houses as often.anyone like this idea?
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2002, 08:39:11 am »
Originally posted by Montenegro

A more complicated version would require 250 units of granite for the foundation and steps, and 50 units of slate for the roof.  200 units of yellow pine for the support timbers, and 100 units of oad for the floors, and another 200 units of softwood (any type) for the rest of the house.   It really depends on how complex the other crafts are.  Until they are determined, the complexity of building a house is undefined.  Either way, the skill use and construction would be simple, just the material list might get long, which isn\'t necessarily a bad thing.  If you have to trade with different towns to get what you need, thats not bad.  What this would mean is there is a physically limited amount of space around towns and cities, and the price will go up as land availability goes down, and also depending on location i.e. if your neighbors are living in palaces, you are going to need that kind of money to get the land, and won\'t be able to get a permit for a hovle.

My 20 coppers

wow that seems like itd take a long time to do...how bout we keep it simple like all those 3D war games like starcraft and stuff. all ya need to make stuff is minerals and gas  :P

aww rats my sig is screwed up... :(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2002, 08:40:35 am by Princess Aelya »
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

AfricaX

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2002, 10:17:54 pm »
Ahhhh Houses. yeah i think houses are a neat idea. but truly i think they\'d be to realistic for a free game. Even PayPerMonth Games don\'t have houses (unless you include DAoC which a guild can build their own towers) And plus you\'d probably have to have high skills in a whole bunch of diffrent things Masonry,Carpentry,Woodworks are a few that i can think of. Awww man i just had this awsome... Nahh.  Well Remember to clean behind your ears and not to fight with any rabid hamster you find walking down the street at midnight with one pant leg up.

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2002, 11:32:16 am »
Game features:
 A Role Playing Game!
12 races with unique traits for the creation of your character
Unlimited professions through skill system
Original magic system with six schools of magic
Hundreds of spells!
Huge world to explore
Great number of quests to test your wit and skill
Monsters and NPCs with good AI to produce events in the game
A world that evolves also without player interaction
Create your house or castle
Politics and economy

Well, It\'s on the Features page, create you own house or castle!  8)
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Toru

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
It's always good
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2002, 04:16:56 pm »
It\'s allways good to have someone state what \'s going to be in the game  :D  :D
- Toru of the Mark (Vlad)

4 Years - 3d modeler/animator
2 Years - Website Developer
1 Year - 2d Artist

email: javadream_@hotmail.com
msn: Javadream_
aim: Javadream0

Urh

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2002, 04:34:08 pm »
I dont want to play a game where you only fight and gather good items. I want roleplay! And, deadly pencil, if you enter Planeshifts website and click on \"Features\" then you can read this: \"Create your own house or castle\"
Hi...ho...he...hu.....ha ha....
Member of the Dwarven Army
http://www.Dwarven.tk