Author Topic: house building??  (Read 4109 times)

ratdudett

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2002, 11:17:20 pm »
i think you should design ur own house :) and wtb members get a free castle  :D ;)

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2002, 11:32:36 pm »
Originally posted by ratdudett
i think you should design ur own house :) and wtb members get a free castle  :D ;)

ohh i cant hold back. i gotta comment on this one...nonononoNONO! :D

players should be able to make castles to! :D
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

Esprit Habile

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2002, 12:07:48 am »
Of coarse players should be able to make thier
own castle, but all ratdudett said was that WTBs
should get free ones. I think WTBs and those ppl
helping make the game should only get some better
swords and things like that. A castle seems a bit to
much though.

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2002, 01:35:51 am »
i dont think they should hve any advantages...it just seems unfair. it isnt my fault i dont have the skills to help develope the game....
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2002, 07:21:52 am »
i think you should design ur own house  and wtb members get a free castle  :)

Hehe I hope so :D
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Viper_NL

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2002, 03:24:16 pm »
Dont get your hopes up Para, maybe you members get penalty`s (LoL).
But yeah, housebuilding is cool :)

Nu Sham

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2002, 05:17:34 pm »
W0w viper, are you linking that signature from my geocities sigs portfolio?
can it be?
does geocities finall realised hostings sigs is a good buisness?

werid.. maybe its a *bug* or something, viper where do you link your sig from./

Born to fight, Trained to kill,
Ready to die, But never will !

Leader Of BDS, GDC.

tasadar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2002, 10:34:23 am »
Houses would be cool. but then there would be the fact that there would have to be a friggen HUGE @$$ server to support it.

Yeah viper, i agree with Nu Sham. Your sig does look like one that a hacker or a bugger might have. ;)   I like it.
Hey kiddoes, its your favorite basher......  HATE ME!

alcapalis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2002, 12:29:24 pm »
I like the housing idea, but if it causes lots of lag hen they can drop the whole idea. But maybe to save some space they could make bik flats where you can buy apartments or, if you are rich, a whole penthouse  8) ...
 :D  Alcapalis- EPE  :D
The E.P.E. guild site!
-=PLANESHIFT.TK=-

Guild Leader

DeadlyPencil

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Urh
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2002, 01:42:28 am »
well for one thing i didn\'t say they would never do it, i just stated that it wouldn\'t add much to the game play... and that it would take a long time to put into the game...

in a day people will spend like 5 secs in there house and like 4 hours fighting monsters... out of those two which would you spend the most time developing... the gameplay or the housing

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2002, 02:22:40 am »
I like the idea of having little cheap apartments for those who dont have enough money to afford a house for their own.
Perhaps you could even have roommates and share the rent, but that could also mean that your roommate could steal your stuff if you leave it in your flat,  so perhaps you have a cabinet where you put your things that can be only opened with a key or password.

Urh

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Deadly Pencil
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2002, 04:08:38 am »
I agree with you Deadly pencil, but it would be very fun if people not only killed monsters. Houses would be very fun. And besides, I would spend the most of my time in my house, because i don?t like to fight. I know that most of the people that play MMORPGs prefer only to fight, but it would be very good if you could at least buy a house.
Hi...ho...he...hu.....ha ha....
Member of the Dwarven Army
http://www.Dwarven.tk

alcapalis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2002, 05:15:15 am »
hehe I like the roommate idea.. sounds cool to me.
But i also have to agree with stickfight. It is true that the most of the player will only be in their house to log in or log out., maybe they will be more in their houses if there isnt a bank and you can only store your stuff in your house.
If you give the houses more functionalities (is that an english word?  ?( ) then people would spent more time in their houses and then the whole housing idea wouldnt be lost  :))
Maybe you could heal yourself by going to your house and go sit there in a chair and drink some coffee or beer. (the beer thing will make me stay near my house)..

Maybe thats a stupid idea but i think houses shouldnt be there just to showoff..
The E.P.E. guild site!
-=PLANESHIFT.TK=-

Guild Leader

alcapalis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2002, 05:23:16 am »
Hmm.. i just rememberd a function of houses from another game. But you\'ve got to add another function to the character.

Well lets start:
Of course everybody needs to eat, DRINK  :D  and sleep. This could happen automatically when you are really hungry or thirsty and you\'ve got food in your backpack. (it might be a good idea to also be able o eat manually so you can get really stuffed or drunk or whatever).  Well when you log out you and you are still alive, then of course you keep the need of food. Well if you are outside a house you will use lots more food when your offline (as much as if you\'re online) then if you where inside a house, because there you can lay down on a bed and chill... So you should be able to stuff your house with food and if you are leaving for a week (real time) you should add more food then if you are just away for 1 hour...

Just i little idea.. i hope you guys understand what i\'m trying to say.. If you guys wanna know, i can give you the name and rl of the game where the currrently have it, but i wont advertise for that game overhere..
The E.P.E. guild site!
-=PLANESHIFT.TK=-

Guild Leader

AfricaX

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2002, 10:31:33 pm »
Personally. i think the house thing is kinda dumb:( Truly who the heck is gonna stay at their house anyway? i\'ll be out fighting and ganing levels while house owners will be just standing in their useless house. What good is a house for anyway? Unless you could lock and unlock it and use your house as a safe and put valuables in it. It\'s not like anyone would use it for more than that! you could just make one big castle with a treasure room you could put your stuff in.
My old sig was taken by some alien forces just outside of Trinidad. Infidel! Never underestimate the power of stupid people! (In large groups)