Author Topic: house building??  (Read 4110 times)

PdogNZ

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2002, 08:31:40 pm »
Originally posted by AfricaX
What good is a house for anyway?

Mocking newbies with and generally showing off, of course! :D  

There should be different houses to choose from and they should cost more depending on what size it is. Like a tree house might be 20k and a 2 storey stone keep might be like 2 million.
You buy a deed or something and a plot of land big enough for your house and bing, you got yourself a house which you can store stuff in and throw parties (and have big orgies lol 8o j/k :P )
Oh yeah, and you have to lock it up properly every time you go out so filthy thieving types dont break in and steal yo\' shizzat :D

ooh ooh, and you could charge weary travelers from afar to spend the night in a warm bed and have a good breakfast in your humble abode. (and while they sleep, you nick their stuff and draw pictures on their faces with sharpies lol)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2002, 08:33:04 pm by PdogNZ »

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2002, 10:41:04 pm »
A house adds a lot to the roleplaying part of the game.  It\'s nice to see your character takes his boots off after a long day of killing monsters and drinking with the friends in the pub.  Besides, its a safe place for leaving the stuff you might need later (much safer than leaving it on the street, at least).  

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2002, 02:17:13 pm »
Some of your are forgetting that they are also people that just want to chat and roleplay whitout fighting. People that just want to become a weapon mastersmith that never leaves its town. Of course he have to fight eventually, but he prefers to go to the tavern and get drunk  8) . Looks like no fun to me, but there are a lot of strange people around  :P .

Alca, \'functionality\' is a word, u can also say \'function\' :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2002, 02:19:00 pm by ParaSite »
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Urh

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2002, 02:47:50 pm »
I agree with you ParaSite.
Those !#??%\"# people that only play to fight and get experience don?t  need to have a house.
But, those who roleplay (Me) maybe wants houses. How darn fun is it only to run in the forest and kill things with magical weapons (Diablo 2 for example)?
Planeshift is not Diablo 2!! It is a MMORPG!!
And, AfricaX (I maybe spell your name wrong now)  if you only like to fight, you can play something else!!  X(
And if you enter Planeshifts website http://www.planeshift.it
you can click on the button \"Features\".
There you can read \"Build your own house or castle\", and many other things.  :]
Hi...ho...he...hu.....ha ha....
Member of the Dwarven Army
http://www.Dwarven.tk

Montenegro

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2002, 04:33:08 pm »
ParaSite !  I am NOT a strange person!  Take it back!  j/k

But seriously, I like the roleplay aspects of tradeskills.  I like the fact that it lets you help other people more readily.

I think that they can be fun, just no one has yet done anything but a crappy job implementing them.  Think SimBlacksmith.    THATs how it should be.   Almost a mini game in itself, ya know.   I would say, it is better to make on, single profession or \'tradeskill\' or what have you, that is well thought out, balanced, and  *gasp* fun, then 20 boringashell ones.    So, if you want to do farming, go ahead, but get it right.   Hey, thats why you\'re having all the betas, so we can test and refine the game.
All right you primitive screwheads!  Listen up!

Montenegro

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2002, 04:36:11 pm »
If you want an in depth PVP game, go play Darkfall.  I think Planeshift, by the simple fact that it WONT be as much of a l33t game and will have a smaller audience, will generate a somewhat familial feel to it.  I mean, if you meet Meket and Kada and Aelya, along with Wolfman and Kiern in the game.... well, you see how it is.  You could potentially know half the players in the game, if it has a small audience.  Imagine playing an MMORPG where EVERYONE is your friend.   That sounds like a blast.
All right you primitive screwheads!  Listen up!

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2002, 07:07:48 pm »
Our intent is to also create \"fellowship quests\" (yes, named after the LOTR) which will require a group of people with differing abilities to complete.

So a fighter and a healer will not be able to just go do any quest.  You might need an armorsmith and a baker in your group also.  Or whatever.

Disclaimer:  This is just us devs talking.  None of this is implemented or even close to being implemented, so don\'t get your hearts set on anything. :-)

- Venge

PdogNZ

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2002, 07:17:28 pm »
Sounds cool! 8)

lol I thought that said Aerosmith for a sec and I was like \"wtf?\" :D

AfricaX

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2002, 09:31:24 pm »
Urh. yeah i geuss. I COULD play something else. but than i wouldn\'t be able to annoy you! :P
Parasite i see your point. i geuss this will be kinda to realistic. heh. But please please PLEASE leave out the mundane things like eating sleeping and drinking!
I can\'t think of another thing worse than going out on a quest that took an hour to find the monster you where sent to kill. while you where fighting yu got hungry lost just enough Hp to make you lose the battle :(
My old sig was taken by some alien forces just outside of Trinidad. Infidel! Never underestimate the power of stupid people! (In large groups)

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2002, 09:36:17 pm »
I\'d like to see fellowship quests implemented,  but there should also be quests for those who like to wander without any company.    Im a guy that likes to work alone sometimes, and I think that quests for solitary characters should also be there.

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2002, 05:50:58 am »
Hmm... could there be a sorta template for houses,  and then a house is generated from a (relatively) few parameters when it\'s needed? Doesn\'t seem TOO dificult.. (well, not ultimately...). That way the PS servers don\'t take too much of a hit. They\'d still have to store the external structure of every house, of course...

Anyway, I think we need to really think about what kind of game we\'re trying to make here... Will a house just be the Planeshift equivelent of the Diablo II stash? Or are we doing \"The Sims meets Excaliber\"? Or where on that spectrum?

Another possible option is making the game distributed... Then if I want a house, I gotta find a server to host it... (I suppose we might have a less than ethical player shutting down that server to make sure his house isn\'t robbed while he\'s gone... Maybe store each in a few places?) I dunno... I realize it\'s getting quite complex... It was just a thought...