Author Topic: Moving Containers  (Read 135 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Moving Containers
« on: January 23, 2012, 03:14:16 pm »
It would be nice if we could have moving storage capacity such as wagons/mounts carrying things/ handcarts/ etc... (not bank access btw) Now that we have banking, it is not necessary for a character to carry 300 kilos of stuff around on their own and it is a bit silly to RP any character as carrying that much at once.

However, carrying more is useful for the the transportation of goods such as ores. So maybe you can implement storage on mounts or wagons. For wagons, you could probably use the wagon model on the Oja maps and just set it up to summon behind the player like a mount. And the equivalent of being mounted is holding the wagon and dragging it behind you. "Dismounting" would leave the wagon behind. I think people can forgive if there is no animation to the wagon. Then you can use the normal container interface and just use capacity to limit how much each type can carry.

Ideally, the kind of cart or wagon you could pull would be determined by strength and eventually, you could have some that are pulled by rivnaks allowing for even more to be transported. Potentially even additional people... But I know that would be so far in the future I probably wouldn't be around to see it... ;)

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
Re: Moving Containers
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 03:17:45 pm »
storage on mounts/pets is planned but first someone must code it. who wishes to?

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Containers
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 04:03:18 pm »
I really like the idea of being able to pull other people around.  People could provide a "taxi" or "bus" service and charge other players some tria to carry them to different locations.  They could even make different routes (for example, start at Hydlaa's north gate, make a stop at the magic shop, the iron mines, gug city, and other points of interest).

Not only would this be convenient and allow more jobs for players to RP, but players riding in the cart would be encouraged to have RP conversations, and it would allow for some fun RP events (for example, a gang of bandits attacking a caravan).

I realize this probably wouldn't be easy to implement.  But it'd be a lot of fun.
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.