Author Topic: Kran character generation and parents.  (Read 129 times)

Denes

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Kran character generation and parents.
« on: November 10, 2012, 04:27:11 am »
As for the WHY:
Choosing professions for two parents in Khan character generation is confusing to me.
Suggestion:
-   Krans have no way of knowing their parent since they transform to their adult form at some early stage of their cycle (Metamorphosis while being left in a cave?) so they can’t pick any.
-   Krans look after their young until they are capable of sustaining themselves because they see them as a renewed/prolonged self-existence. They may choose only one.
-   Krans have a unique way of reproducing which involves passing limited number of memories to the next generation on a cellular level. (suggesting 1-n, but let’s stick to 2)
-   Krans do pair up to provide a healthy social emotional environment for their young. (Suggests that a Kran may find mate from other races)
-   Krans do pair up, to support the physiological development of their young. Parents provide them with body fluids (blood and acids) on a regular basis, and having 2 individuals donating is easier or makes one more resilient.
-   Or any combination of the ones above

As for the seriousness:
I think this is a minor thing that should take the last place in a prioritized sense.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Kran character generation and parents.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 05:22:59 am »
Certainly a point to be developed "soon™"; but at the current development stage of the game as a whole, the risk of breaking the character creation pages by adding exceptions may be higher than the gain of immersion. The current level of settings regarding the Kran race (overhauling the races pages on the website, publishing the books in the Stonehead tavern) is quite recent, anyway. I would expect this being postponed... but thank you for your useful observations.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty