Author Topic: Make Alloys with Molten Metal  (Read 463 times)

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
Make Alloys with Molten Metal
« on: November 24, 2014, 01:25:29 pm »
I'm not sure if this post belongs on this board or the Complaint Board. I love PS and would feel bad complaining about something so awesome, so I'm just gonna put it here. So I'm trying to become a better smith, and I noticed that to make sludges for alloys, you combine solid ores. Wouldn't it make more sense to combine molten metals? How would you combine solid ores, anyway? I know that you need coal for steel, so maybe you could combine Molten Steel and normal coal for that. Anyway, I'm not complaining about how it works now, just wondering if we could use molten metals eventually. Thanks!

CheatCat

Re: Make Alloys with Molten Metal
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 02:45:37 am »
I agree, using molten metal would make copper, iron and tin ingots more useful.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 07:04:48 am »
This has been previously tested by a dev in our testing environment but it hasn't worked, so it's not possible unless we remove the ordinary combination and it's not something we want to do at the moment (would make BS a bit more complex than it is right now).

bilbous

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 12:38:47 pm »
Copper, iron and tin ingots can be used in alchemy.

leonideus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 03:29:57 pm »
how about just using the ingots? you do that with platinum steel alloying anyway so theoretically it should be possible unless its a problem with multiple recipes giving the same result, in the first place i think forcing you to purify the metal into an ingot is a good thing, who wants to use a sword that still has rock in it ?