Author Topic: Practice Point Modifiers  (Read 372 times)

Richgar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Practice Point Modifiers
« on: July 09, 2015, 12:26:27 am »
Hi everyone. I am suggesting the addition of having a practice point modifier on enemies that increases practice point gains of any attack or defensive action. This will encourage players to fight the strongest enemies they can handle. Meanwhile, players that grind on dummies can continue to do so without penalty.

Note that I am talking about practice points, not progression points/pps.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:57:03 pm by Richgar »

CheatCat

Re: Practice Point Modifiers
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 02:25:45 am »
Actually, I think this is implemented sort of. It seems skills got practised more against tougher monsters.

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 11:04:13 am »
Yeah, PP raises when you fighter harder things ^^
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

Richgar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 05:06:07 pm »
Actually, I think this is implemented sort of. It seems skills got practised more against tougher monsters.

It doesn't. I compared between dummies, tefusangs, and dlayos. The only thing that matters is the amount of successful hits. You actually earn practice points at a much slower rate against real enemies because they can block.

Yeah, PP raises when you fighter harder things ^^

I'm talking about practice points, not progression points.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:49:51 pm by Richgar »

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 07:44:22 pm »
Do you mean the progress bar or PP?
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Richgar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 07:48:01 pm »
Do you mean the progress bar or PP?
Practice points in the skill, not progression points/pps. I'm talking about the points in leveling skills, not stats. I see how they can get mixed up, so I clarified it in the main post.

Currently, it only matters that you successfully hit. There's less incentive to challenge tougher enemies because you level up slower due to getting blocked and missing. It's very unintuitive. That's why I'm suggesting a modifier for practice points so players are encouraged to challenge themselves.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:03:07 pm by Richgar »