Author Topic: making scripts in shortcuts  (Read 261 times)

feas

• Traveller
    • View Profile
making scripts in shortcuts
« on: February 18, 2016, 12:16:12 am »
Would like the ability in shortcuts to have the ability to cast multiple spells with one shortcut i.e.:

/cast Rock Armor
/wait (time)
/cast Defensive Wind
/wait (time)
/cast Flame Spire

Then i cast all my defensive spells and or a set of spells on a group member with one shortcut.
Seem like the reason it exist in the first place with a multi-line capability.
If this exist please let me know cause everyone I ask doesn't know how.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: making scripts in shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 02:34:27 am »
I believe that the combat dialog shall be able to combine a sequence of actions, at least attack variants (not sure about anything else)...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 05:28:28 am »
I don't think you'll ever get a wait or sleep command for shortcuts, as it is considered a step towards botting. So, don't use external tools to get this effect.

I agree that it is a bit tedious to cast multiple buffs, and maybe future changes to spell mechanics will allow to queue spells, similar to the upcoming combat moves LigH mentioned.

There are several very useful applications for multi-line shortcuts, though. You can switch entire sets of equipment, or consume a suitable group of food items and potions. Maybe you need some items only for specific actions, so you can equip them with the same shortcut.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 05:28:58 am »
The shortcut system allows for multiple commands like:
Code: [Select]
/target me
/cast Defensive Wind

however it lacks a wait function and that's why it you try to put multiple casting in the same shortcut it will fail since your other action has not finished yet.
The reason why a timer function has not been done is to avoid the creation of long sequences of action that allow botting like
Code: [Select]
/dig
/wait [x]