Author Topic: Items gathering Jobs  (Read 233 times)

Aeghiss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Hopefully my English grammar is flawless.
    • View Profile
Items gathering Jobs
« on: August 14, 2016, 06:19:41 pm »
After a talk with Nedloh, I decided to open a thread about that.

Well, I suppose each player of PS who deals with crafting, mining or harvesting agrees on that - and for sure, each of the ones I already talked about it with : the current gathering of materials is a pain.
Currently I know no full-time hunters, harvesters or miners. Crafters often dig or harvest themselves because that's the easiest way, even when like they hate doing it. That's just too long and boring.

So, what Nedloh and I suggest is to make experience increase productivity. One possibility is to get a random number from 0 to n, with probabilities which depend of the level of the corresponding job. That way, a great miner would not only get better ores, but also more easily and quickly.
In the best case, it would help pro materials gatherers to appear. In the worst, at least it would be less annoying for crafters.

Another point is : if we do that with Harvesting and Mining, why not applying that to Hunting? Why not make hunting a job which would train through looting beasts and which would get more parts/hides and of better quality with training ?
That would make hunting more pleasant (remember that topic about looting), and it would also benefit to alchemists, leather-workers and bowyers.

Last point : to make harvesting and mining more exciting, another possibility would be to have very low chances to get rare items in areas which usually do not contain it, or to get a lot more items than usual. A kind of "critical hit" that would be as pleasant as rare.

Well, I finished my explanations. Now it's your turn to react !
Aeghiss Rubinhertz, Ynnwn student at the University of Yliakum.
Melodria Palir, Enkidukai would-be Graalahkam-maarhe.

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
Re: Items gathering Jobs
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 01:47:09 am »
To my understanding if your mining skill his higher or your gathering herbs you are more successful and you get higher quality items already. No?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Items gathering Jobs
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 03:28:28 am »
Yes, you can dig or harvest higher quality material with higher skill. That may support the quality of the processed items using them as ingredients.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty