Author Topic: A New MOTD  (Read 219 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
A New MOTD
« on: December 13, 2016, 01:01:20 pm »
Can we get an MOTD directing players to the forums to discuss their difficulties? I think there's only one directing to the main page and the bug tracker right now. It's hard to address the problems of new players if you don't know what difficulties they are having.

Sirial

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: A New MOTD
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 01:03:14 pm »
Well there is the /help channel IG  :whistling:
Aniroho Aimirrel (Researcher in Knowledge Seekers)
Terelen Honoro (Captain of the Iron Claw)

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 01:06:11 pm »
Yes, also it would be more pragmatic to direct them to irc aswell, because there you can get realtime help.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 01:07:05 pm »
/help isn't necessarily recorded where people who can change things about the game can read it. Devs aren't in the game 24/7.

Sirial

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 01:08:25 pm »
I meant that from the /help channel they can either be advised to go to forum, file petitions, hit IRC and so on..

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 01:15:06 pm »
/help isn't necessarily recorded where people who can change things about the game can read it. Devs aren't in the game 24/7.

Actually yes it is. As a GM I have access to the database that stores and logs all conversations of that channel and responses. And if we are online at the time we can see the full conversation live in the channel not just the first response like other advisers. And if we see an issue that seems to be happening a lot we then notify the devs and make suggestions.
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Sirial

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 01:16:31 pm »
And if we are online at the time we can see the full conversation live in the channel not just the first response like other advisers. And if we see an issue that seems to be happening a lot we then notify the devs and make suggestions.

Actually it looks like they can even jump into your advising sessions from nowhere :P

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 01:18:40 pm »
Actually yes it is. As a GM I have access to the database that stores and logs all conversations of that channel and responses. And if we are online at the time we can see the full conversation live in the channel not just the first response like other advisers. And if we see an issue that seems to be happening a lot we then notify the devs and make suggestions.

Alright, well hopefully GMs have enough free time to comb the database and relay that info to the Devs. Hopefully players will try to use the help chat instead of just running around not knowing what to do then quit.

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 01:22:05 pm »
And if we are online at the time we can see the full conversation live in the channel not just the first response like other advisers. And if we see an issue that seems to be happening a lot we then notify the devs and make suggestions.

Actually it looks like they can even jump into your advising sessions from nowhere :P

I try not to jump in too much, it causes confusion to the player, I have however been known to send the adviser tells with suggestions or corrections.

Alright, well hopefully GMs have enough free time to comb the database and relay that info to the Devs. Hopefully players will try to use the help chat instead of just running around not knowing what to do then quit.

Honestly the help chan is used very little, most people use gossip or just ask around. People seem to have a lot of common sense. But, yes I personally check the help logs regularly and try and keep tabs.   *Emaline checks them now. *
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 01:25:57 pm »
Thanks Emaline. Perhaps it will pick up with more players.