Author Topic: useful glyph drops from bosses  (Read 632 times)

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
Re: useful glyph drops from bosses
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 12:41:38 pm »
Ideally this mob is not intended to be soloed. It was designed to encourage group fighting. From what I understood.
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 06:22:27 pm »
But it shouldn't matter.. The player should only care about beating it. He shouldn't have to factor in extra rules like No hiding behind rocks, or no protecting yourself with distance or terrain.

See, this is where it breaks down and gets stupid.. If you were fighting a monster with a crappy sword, would you go toe to toe, or would you use your head and try to out smart it?

Humans are squishy and don't have fangs, venom or claws.. It's natural for them to try to outsmart their opponent or to find some other advantage.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 01:51:40 am »
That is not outsmarting, rather direct abuse of design fault. But yes it should be fixed asap.

So how did you kill Xalpa?

1. Cast ALL buff spells( those with highest duration first ofc).
2. Have semi high armour and weapon level (i used medium armor back then and level 150 swords. Yes not lying here.)
3. Here's the real tip: use potions. A lot of potions. Stat potions help a lot but most important are health potions, because you don't have time to cast spells in middle of a fight. (higher quality is better ofc!)

So i did this before weapon nerfs so i think you need maxed out weapon and decent level heavy armour nowadays.

You can also get him stuck behind something and cast spells.

That's really inefficient way since xalpalock can tp away ffrom there and regenerate health faster than you can do dps with magick.....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:53:45 am by Dilihin »