Author Topic: Freemium content to help pay for development  (Read 2096 times)

CheatCat

Re: Freemium content to help pay for development
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 08:25:51 pm »
The ideas up to 4 sounds good. Pay to win through is awful. Also, there should be no "loot boxes". You pay for what you get. I am not sure about new mounts trough, only if the mount have the same abilities as other mounts eg. nothing special.

Special events for those who pay could separate the community. Not sure if it is a good idea.

Having customized NPCs or places where you can design might be something people will pay for. Such places should be available to visit for everyone.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 06:17:03 am »
There's MMORPGs with ability to leave your character to keep shop up, etc. after the player logs out. That could be neat

CheatCat

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 08:27:05 pm »
There's MMORPGs with ability to leave your character to keep shop up, etc. after the player logs out. That could be neat

How would that work?

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 05:21:51 am »
New skins and clothes make the game more alluring to RPers and that has been the base of this community for most of its existence so paying for those things would hurt its niche factor I think. But yeah 1-3 are alright.

Edit: I am kinda on the fence about #3 though. It needs to be impressive enough, visually, to be worth it. Most games don't ask money for increased visuals. The engraving and stuff maybe!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:24:46 am by Geoni »

-sig by sarras

CheatCat

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 09:51:21 pm »
Visual engravings on the object model itself. That would be something.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 07:58:15 am »
What about simple recognition for donors like a title? I knew of a free forum once, that was free to all, but those who donated got an honorary title. People donated to keep the forum alive because they liked the content and environment, not so much for the title.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2018, 04:30:23 am »
What about simple recognition for donors like a title? I knew of a free forum once, that was free to all, but those who donated got an honorary title. People donated to keep the forum alive because they liked the content and environment, not so much for the title.

Or maybe the ability to have forum avatars?

-sig by sarras