Author Topic: Availability of Shovels  (Read 614 times)

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
Availability of Shovels
« on: August 29, 2019, 03:26:18 pm »
Pardon me if some of this is incorrect:  I wrote this some months ago.

I was seeking any merchants who would sell
   Tools - Farming
      Shovel
 but found none.

Gardr Keck, blacksmith in Gugrontid, carries one but doesn't sell any nor respond to queries regarding shovels.
The Klannarr sisters have them.  A statement from Aleena implies that you can get one from Nyshyn if you proceed through the Thieves' questline — such would be useful if money was scarce for some persons, but that's no cause to have shovels unavailable from other folks…

I don't remember if shovels were necessary for harvesting rooty veggies.
Otherwise, shovels could be used for simple character and roleplay — especially if we could call up the animation anywhere.
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Availability of Shovels
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 04:37:29 pm »
Shovels are not necessary to harvest roots, you can do it with a sickle or axe as well. It seems RP is the only thing you will need one for.

As I recall, a GM was selling farming implements at some point, a few of us stocked up on shovels back then. You could ask around in the hopes of finding a player who can sell you one, or talk to me if you meet me in game.

As for Nyshyn, I guess you could try visiting and see if she does indeed have a shovel to spare, though I don't recall ever doing such a quest for her.