Author Topic: Shortcut Icon Categories  (Read 479 times)

Fayrene

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Shortcut Icon Categories
« on: April 28, 2021, 08:30:41 am »
Hello, Dear Planeshiftler!

These day i took a look into the Shortcut Window for improving the harvest-shortcut. There i found out that the icons on the bottom are not sorted and i always have to search for a nice looking Icon in it.

So, my Idea was that there is a Dropdown-Menu with listed Skills and the Icons which can be used for them. As an Example: Blacksmith could have the Icons like Ores, Ingots, heated Items etc.

What do you think?

Greetings Fayrene

Uadjet

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Shortcut Icon Categories
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 05:02:20 pm »
In PSU, skills will be getting special abilities (talents) at certain levels, so maybe those icons will be useful for shortcuts in general. I don't think there's an easy way to make skill icons easier to find. Not without an update.

Fayrene

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 02:05:26 pm »
ah okay ^^

it just was a thinking of me while searching for the correct icon in that list.   :)

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 08:45:09 am »
Icons have a pretty descriptive name, if only we could search for them then finding the right item would become easier. I imagine a textbox above the icon list that, when empty, would allow the icon list to work the same way it does now, showing all icons. But start typing, and only icons with the (case insensitive) text as part of their name will be shown.

That said, this requires some development effort, so seems like an item to be relegated to PS Unreal. I have no familiarity with the interface we will have there, so this may not be relevant, if it is however I would like to see it implemented some time, and not only for shortcut icons (storage comes to mind :) )