Author Topic: Quest Difficulty Level  (Read 525 times)

Fayrene

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Quest Difficulty Level
« on: April 28, 2021, 08:42:59 am »
Hello, Dear Planeshiftler!

These is another Idea i got after becoming crazy by the "Hydlaaic Legend" Quest because that Quest is difficult and tough!

So, my Idea was that all Quests become a comment, if they are easy, tough, medium, hard and super hard are. And that should be visible if a Player clicks on it and read the description.

What do you think?

Greetings Fayrene

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Quest Difficulty Level
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 04:48:33 pm »
Hello,

The idea is interesting - I am not sure I like it, I do not really think we need it, but it is an interesting idea. But according to which set of criteria should the quests be classified?
A quest that is very difficult for one player may be very easy for some other player, depending on things like their skills & abilities, their world knowledge, and sometimes also their luck.
For example, I recently met a NPC in a somewhat distant spot who needed one specific item... and I happened to have exactly one of this in my inventory.
Very easy quest for me, but if you do not have a mount, have to rush to the right merchant, then go all the way back to the NPC... then it becomes hard.

Any ideas about how to classify quests?

Travel safely,

Gonger

Fayrene

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: Quest Difficulty Level
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 01:55:34 am »
yes, i have. as an example: the hydlaaic legend quest is in the sewers. you have to find a giant clacker which is moving around the whole sewer. there are areas where tough creatures are and if the giant clacker is nearby them then you really need help if you arent strong enough.

so, i would place the sewers on "tough to hard" because it has different creatures. and i would put a comment into the quest that you should go with a party.

(and it seems that you have to be very lucky to find him on the first try.....)