Author Topic: Stuff carried by NPCs  (Read 961 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Stuff carried by NPCs
« on: January 06, 2002, 04:20:33 pm »
THIS MESSAGE IS TAKEN FROM OLD BOARD:

Nywell
                            posted 09-10-2001 21:33 GMT        

I\'m not sure if this has been up in here but I didn\'t find any posts about this...

I realy hope that there would be even little realism in npc\'s dropping stuff (like armour, money etc...). I mean... Doesn\'t it sound
                         silly that wolves would drop money? Or armour? What would wolf do with money?
                         Animals shouldn\'t drop any money, armour, weapons or stuff like that. :)
    Thekkur
                            posted 10-10-2001 12:56 GMT            

What can I say about that? I definetely agree with you Nywell!

Thekkur
    k3nshin
                            posted 10-10-2001 03:54 GMT            

heh i always questions myself with that :)
                         like in dagger fall a bat would drop 1 gp i\'d be like (WTF would a bat do with 1 gp??)
                         nice thinkin... but most monsters that hold gold and have nothing to do with it make up 75% of the monsters.. think more of the
                         monsters droping gold as the reward for killing him, not that he was just holding it
    icebolt
    PS W.T.B. Member
                            posted 10-10-2001 13:04 GMT            

Monsters and NPCs will always drop corresponding items
    Catalyst88
                            posted 10-10-2001 19:23 GMT            

I agree with you lot :)

The fact that most of the monsters won\'t drop money or items means that you should have to take up professions so that you put
                         to use what they DO drop, for example leather from bat hide or things like that. I think this would make a much more rounded
                         and realistic world :)
    PS Official Member
                            posted 12-10-2001 05:18 GMT            

Encore, Encore! Heh Heh, :-)
    Kendaro
                            posted 13-11-2001 07:15 GMT            

what about setting up NPCs with like ransoms for certain monster organs? say have one NPC asking players to bring him the
                         livers from a large basalisk. he uses them in a medicin or something of that nature. you then go out and hunt these basalisks
                         and he pays you for every liver you provide. there would have to be many of these type rewards though. as to not have one
                         creature over hunted.
    Firestorm
    PS Official Member
                            posted 13-11-2001 14:02 GMT            

Maybe we could work around this idea, in that you dont gain any loot on the spot when killing a monster(unless it is a monster
                         that would realistically hold gold). Then when you return to town you are payed for your efforts to rid the world of evil.

-Just a thought- tell me what you think

-Firestorm- Planeshift Public Relations Manager -
    hiana
                            posted 13-11-2001 15:15 GMT            

knowledge in surgery/zoologi is needed to carve out specifics/organs from animals you slay
    Kendaro
                            posted 13-11-2001 22:01 GMT            

thats kind of the idea i was aiming at Firestorm. thing there is that you still need to bring in something as proof that you killed it.
                         clump of fur, scale, claw, or maybe a tooth of the beasts.