Author Topic: Gaming Hall or Room  (Read 1088 times)

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Gaming Hall or Room
« on: March 15, 2002, 09:44:51 am »
It has come to my mind that a gaming Hall or room connected to some tavern might be of some interest to some people.
What I propose is a room within a bar or tavern.Inside the room people may place wagers against one another playing dice games.
This would take away from some of the down time.And would be a great way to either win or lose some great wealth.I believe it would enhance a great game even more.
So along with going to the taverns to have a drink or two.And meet up with some friends there are still some money making opportunity\'s.
Some people im sure would become well fixed occupents of such a place merely because they like to play a game or two while talking without worrying about dying.
Other games such as darts might also be used.And I would appreciate anyone\'s feedback on this.
Any other games that might fit into the time period.that could be used.I thought of cards but the only cards im aware of in the time was tarot though i know a game was made from them I do not recall the name.

Looking forward to your input.

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2002, 10:10:35 am »
drinking games!!!@$@%# woooo lol

would be cool too. ^_^

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2002, 11:05:58 am »
Tavern back rooms would be great :D I wanted to create such a room for the BBB, but haven\'t a clue how to go about creating games for it.

Brimstone started us off (just in the forum) by bringing in some rats and racing them, we had our little wagers on those, but I think Brimstone is the only one who actually made any money out of that...hmmm funny that ;)  

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2002, 12:33:30 pm »
Now that is a very good idea Kada-El.
With rat races i mean but I think it might be suited to a barn or something.
Belive me I would love to do it it would be fun .But i dont believe if we are roleplaying that your tavern would get quite as good a response.
With vermin meaning the rats,not the people :-) running loose in your tavern.
I really wouldnt want to be having a fine stout and find a dead rat in it  ;)

A drinking game might be good as well to have.Something that might go along with your constitution or vitality....if alcohol has effects like i think it will.
This would be very interesting because not only could the people competing bet but so could others.
With nobody aware of levels it might be a way of showing off your str in a roleplay way for warriors.Also a way to settle disputes perhaps....Meaning if this one guy can drink us all under the table perhaps we shouldnt mess with him.

ninkwi njadro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2002, 01:20:14 pm »
I like the rat races. And doesn\'t any1 in here know flash. U can create some games with that. I don\'t know about games in flash but I can try.

yew whoo I made one go see

klyros game        
« Last Edit: March 15, 2002, 05:21:48 pm by ninkwi njadro »

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2002, 06:07:16 pm »
im shocked that ninkwi edited his post to put ht elink to his game up.. :O

its more his style to post again.

congrats ninkwi  ;)

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2002, 05:56:26 am »
Dog fights!

I\'d suggest training the dogs, but that might be a tad too \"pokemon\"...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2002, 05:57:06 am by David_HD »

Galdorlin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2002, 11:59:32 am »
A gaming room is a great idea! I have no idea of how it would be done, but I immediately thought of some of the medieval gambling games that I\'ve played at SCA events. There is a really fun dice game called \'lucky pig\' (I think that it\'s from the 12th or 13th century).

Killz4Thrillz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2002, 01:19:44 pm »
Well first off you dont need to limit games to Midevil times, because this is fantasy btw. But ofcourse there are not going to be any flashy Arcade machines. I think it would be nice to have like a modified poker, where 5 or so people can sit at a table and place bets. Drinking games could be interesting, Even more so if people can turn green and passout if they drink to much they could end up being robed clean :).

Oftopic sort of:
Now on a getting drunk part of things, It would be nice if your player would stagger depending on how much he/she drinks and for your screen to blur and sway. Would be more reason to get drunk over and over again so you can build up some tollerance :)
Lasarath

Galdorlin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2002, 02:15:00 pm »
Seems like a drunk persons stats would go down.

(At the same time they might perceive that some of their stats have gone up... especially strength and charisma).

To be honest, I\'m really not into the idea of drinking games. Rat races and dice sound good though.

(I wasn\'t suggesting that we should be limited to authentic medieval games. I was offering an idea... IMO, one that is a bit more original than poker.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2002, 02:22:36 pm by Galdorlin »

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2002, 03:18:24 pm »
Tolerance should be determined by your endurence, your weight, and how often/much you drink.

I like the idea of drinking games. Even more so if players are unsure of their ability scores, like I suggested somewhere else (Amber RPG style...)