Author Topic: Weaps,armor,items,pets, some spell ideas, and more!  (Read 979 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Weaps,armor,items,pets, some spell ideas, and more!
« on: January 06, 2002, 05:09:49 pm »
THIS MESSAGE IS TAKEN FROM OLD BOARD:

sanejm
                            posted 09-11-2001 01:05 GMT        

armor and weapons should have many aspects to there proformnce. they should be able to get sharpened, hardened(keeps them
                         from breaking), have runes engraved in them which gives the attributes like flame damage/protection, casting a spell, or faster
                         attck spd.that sould cost a lot of money so that ppl dont abuse it. players should also gain new attack techniques or combo
                         attacks for the weaps that they use most, kinda like exp for weaps.
                         items that ppl find can be made into thing, like a weap from a dragon tooth, or heal potion from boiling sp.herbs and spring
                         water.but it would only heal you at a faster regen rate cuz it isnt a healing spell. and it would be cool if these things that you
                         make or that you have done to your items would take time to get finished(a game day for engravements).
                         you could own a dog or a wolf , horse anyone?
                         and they could help in battle too.!
                         monsters could have attribute that make them vulnerable/resistaint to certain weaps or elements.
                         spells:
                         a spell that makes ppl move attack faster.
                         a spell that has a n% chance to repel spells from being cast on them.
                         a spell that steals life and gives it to the caster and surrounding allies
                         spell that makes the caster partially invisable
                         a spell that pushs the the surrounding ppl away from caster
                         a spell that acts like a shield. this would allow the person block without having to actually having to put up there arm freeing them
                         to attack
                         a spell that mimics a sword(follows the same path as your sword but a delay) so that when you swing the sword onces, your
                         sword will hit and then the shadow sword will hit next
                         a spell that cause the enemy to fear you, become confuzed and attck anyone near them, or become very ill.
                         a spell that gives you wings to fly. or that could be an item.. i dont know.
                         summons. demi-gods and demons that kinda stuff
                         id like to be able to jump block manually and grab ANYTHING! it would be neat to be able to put a coat of arms on you shield to
                         rep. you guild or clan.
                         i d like to see the things that im using, be it thru textures or mdl. that way you could see what thers have on.
                         lastly .. id like to see multiple control schemes. like point and click, keyboard and mouse combo, or maybe even a control pad
                         with keyboard shortcuts.

ParaSite
                            posted 09-11-2001 14:50 GMT            

Your ideas seem good, but I think you shouldn\'t have a shop for weapons mainainance, a shop for hardening, a shop for runes,
                         ect. It could get very confusing.

\"items that ppl find can be made into thing, like a weap from a dragon tooth, or heal potion from boiling sp.herbs and spring
                         water.\"

I don\'t think this is a good idea. I mean, u could make items of all sorts of stuff. I think it would be better if herbs are eatable as
                         potion (or venom, if u eat the wrong ones :)