Author Topic: "Fun" Magic  (Read 5110 times)

Turahk

• Traveller
    • View Profile
"Fun" Magic
« on: January 05, 2004, 05:08:31 pm »
ok for you perverts it doesnt mean what ur thinkin.....ur sick

anyway ok i started PS like in the summer and some of yall know me as Tur.....ok so ive been thinkin of improvments and stuff....(yes i do talk to much)
Ok since thers goin to be magic, instead of just offensive and Defensive why not have Fun magic...heres and example:

Night falls and thers a small group or party outside, a magician has learned the magic skill \"fireworks\" and uses it....he raises his hands above his head and a little way above them (maybe 5-7 feet) flashes like mini-fireworks start appearing....

~Tur

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 05:24:49 pm »
ahh, so what your saying is spells for performing in front of crowds and the such.  sounds interesting.  would that include a spell to create ale, whiskey or the such?  not a bad idea, a prestidigitation(points for anyone that can say that three times fast without slipping) for planescape.

where there is light, there are shadows.

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 05:27:50 pm »
Yes, I definately think there should be spells that don\'t do anything \"useful\". I also think there should be a lot of them, so one person will have a hard time learning them all. Adds more uniqueness to what one person does. Maybe there dcould be spells that you have to find...

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 05:29:13 pm »
wine from bread would be awesome... But why not have some cool abilities from the fighters too? Like using thier sword or dagger to carve little animals.Or maybe wild animal riding almost like bull riding. Or even some pranks from the thieves. Having magicians only have fun stuff like that is unfair. :P

Turahk

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 05:34:27 pm »
ya basically things that dont really do anything just entertainment and stuff

~Tur

lol i like teh bull riding idea and ale and beer thing to ^^
ya not only magician couls learn.....i mean them as universal skills......but then ther would be Class-special skills so that if im an Assassin that can do say a Mimic skill (like change appearance to a random shape ex: a large dog) but ur a magician and cant do it because its a Class-special skill
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 05:41:27 pm by Turahk »

Axsyrus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 05:46:14 pm »
\"fun spells\" would be cool, but i don\'t think these spells should be just for fun..
for example: there some red way spell that uses fire to damage your oponent, now if you use it without targeting something, it would give some nice fire effects, but wouldn\'t harm anyone.
This way every spell could be used for both damaging an enemy and entertaining other people.

Axsyrus the Azure - Ruler of the Winds
Member of The Arcane Order\'s Council

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2004, 06:17:02 pm »
i havnt read all of the post but if we DO have fun magic, i think it should be for putting on shows for ppl with some friends or other fun magic users, and u should have alot of spells, and for some, such as the fireworks, there should be upgrades, like mini-fireworks, fireworks, big-fireworks, explosive fun, fire-n-watch or something like that, maybe even able to aim where it goes? so maybe u wanna scare someone whos looking up by casting a firework onto the crowd that explodes confetty or something all over

good idea, i\'d love to see this in, be able to pull pranks, put on shows, have fun with it by urself by experimenting on what they would look like if u did this, then this, then this, and anything else ya can think of

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2004, 06:18:13 pm »
i like that idea better, more \"class\" specific fun skills.  like perhaps a bard type that can use perform to juggle as well as play music or a thief type that can throw daggers at apples on other people\'s heads and so on...  the limit here is only imagination. :)

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2004, 06:23:44 pm »
maybe ya can put a guild together a be a traveling circus that does complex tricks (doing fun magic together making into a good show basicly) for money, and maybe sells things as a bonus, somethin like that would be cool

Turahk

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2004, 06:30:58 pm »
wow this topic really took off ^^

lol \"welcome to the Traveling Corcus Guild\"...ya see if u watch that Intro when u go to teh site, it says sum stuff and then it says \"fall in love..\" so sum things could be like romantic spells like heart shaped fireworks and stuff...

lol now what if the thief missed, Tallimar?

wow the ideas never end!

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2004, 06:39:35 pm »
;)

PC1 casts in-love 1 on PC2

the spell misses PC2 and hits PC3

PC3 gets a msg on his computer that PC1 was hittin on him

PC3 looks around and see PC1 is just a guy

PC3 gets mad and casts pink skin on PC1

PC1 gets hit and his avatar\'s skin turns pink for 10+ mins

PC1 tries again and hits PC2

PC2 turns around walks up to PC1 and uses the slap emote to slap PC1, then the bye emote and leaves

PC1 logs off with 1 failure and pink skin still in effect o.O

maybe something like this could happend with the fun magic since u cant attack ppl or anything, or perhaps instead of gettin a msg like PC1 hits on you or something, maybe its more like a reverse fear spell so instead of running away he/she runs towards you, and maybe plays an emote before the user can gain control to use the slap emote or the thank you emote or whatever lol

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2004, 07:14:28 pm »
if the thief missed, well, i guess that person would have a dagger sticking out of his eye for a while now wouldnt he? :P

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2004, 07:16:28 pm »
Hehe as far as pranks for assassins, thieves, etc. One of em could be flatulence. lol that would be hilarious to see  green cloud sneak from behind the serious magician.

Pranks could also include a dragon poping up. It doesnt do any damage just scares the hell out of resting players. I like the dagger throwing idea for the rougues. Wiliam tell all over again. I dont think that you should die if you happen to miss though. Maybe just skinned head and all the hair near there gets cut off. Lol that would make people pretty mad if they had a reverse mohawk for a certain period of time.

And what about this? Some sort of potion that \"cleans someones bowels\" and they allways have a hurt stomach (via very minor health deduction and text saying your stomach hurts) and you are stationary for a period of time, doing what your already thinkin\' of course.

Oooh i just love the idea of fun little things to occupy ones time in planeshift. Not to mention all of the drinking games, horrible talents like poping out ones eye (if its a glass one) and nasty stuff like that.

Well improve upon my ideas if you wish...

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2004, 07:30:12 pm »
i could see it now, the dungeons would be full of noobs while all the vets are running around making each other fart and giving everyone reverse mohawks.  i guess that would give Anarchy Online a whole new meaning. :D

Turahk

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2004, 08:37:33 pm »
LOL!! ya like the characters start running from the magician with the fartin prank pulled on him.

I like teh love idea Rogue, that would be hilarious to see it miss and a Kran go chasin an Enikundai.

another trick could be to \"set\" someone on fire, their character runs around a little while teh others step back.

hmmm lets see, assassins are hard to think of :( well besieds teh knife trick...

Animal tamers or whatever they are could have their pets do tricks....and magicians are almost limitless with tricks....fighters/knights could to things like \"feats of strength\"

~Tur