Author Topic: "Fun" Magic  (Read 5109 times)

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2004, 08:43:00 pm »
Omg the posibilities are endless. If there are any devs out there reading pay attention here. Feats of strength would be  pretty neat. maybe even picking up players could be a neat little trick. Haha watch me curl a whopping 8 dwarves.. Oh yeah! Also if you failed to get your feat/magic trick to work it would be nice to have little animations of it not working. Like you falling off the animal for the bullriding concept and for the farts or other magic trick they back fire on the magician. Already mentioned the victim of a rogues trick having a shaved head. Lets hear some more fun tricks!!

Elegrand

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2004, 09:24:36 pm »
Originally posted by Turahk
another trick could be to \"set\" someone on fire, their character runs around a little while teh others step back.

Too improve on this idea: THe fire shouldn\'t hurt, just make it a real illusion, so your vision is all flamey-like, and they have a fire damage status but they\'re not getting hurt. It should also go onto to others.
Captain Elegrand Orden Mornak at your service!

Journeyman in Ordo Illuminatis
http://www.illuminatis.tk

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2004, 01:49:47 am »
lol, i like that one.  aint nothing like an entire town of people running around on fire :D

where there is light, there are shadows.

Turahk

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2004, 05:08:56 pm »
Originally posted by Elegrand
Too improve on this idea: THe fire shouldn\'t hurt, just make it a real illusion, so your vision is all flamey-like, and they have a fire damage status but they\'re not getting hurt. It should also go onto to others.

ya thats what i meant....none of these tricks would do damage of any sort :D

~Tur

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2004, 06:31:09 pm »
THATS WHY ITS CALLED FUN MAGIC

thx for posting :)

lol just messin with ya, but its called fun magic cause anything thought up of course wont do any dmg at all, and thats for anyone else who doesnt know

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2004, 02:23:18 pm »
one question, because fun magic is vestigial, would it have a low mana cost?

where there is light, there are shadows.

Turahk

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2004, 04:38:27 pm »
Originally posted by tallimar
one question, because fun magic is vestigial, would it have a low mana cost?
ya i assume it would :)  unless the spell is so amazing and huge ( say \"Multi-Spark\" wher more fireworks then normal appear) that it could only consume a lot....but im sure mana will regenerate slowly or somethin so i doubt it will be like u have to eat sumthin to keep the show going :D

~Tur

Davis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2004, 04:51:17 pm »
Just because it has no \"useful\" abilities doesn\'t mean it should be easy to cast. Think about Mercedes Benz cars. They are complete shit and cost about 4 times as much as a car that\'s 4 times as good.

Anyway, I don\'t like mana costs. Mana is a bad system IMO.

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2004, 06:11:25 pm »
fun magic is for fun, which means all the little stuff would prob cost nothing to little mana, and the good stuff would cost alot

Elegrand

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2004, 08:56:54 pm »
I guess it would take little mana to use, unless its something really spectacular like summoning a zombie and making it dance :D.
Captain Elegrand Orden Mornak at your service!

Journeyman in Ordo Illuminatis
http://www.illuminatis.tk

toadman31

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2004, 10:13:45 pm »
I think this is a great idea. I would love seeing mages making people grow tails of various animals.

and for an idea for the theif maybe he could sneek up behind some one and put a bunny hat on there head when there not paying attention,or maybe even pull there pants down or something.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone  
                           ~~~~~~~Al Capone

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2004, 10:29:21 pm »
ya, somethin like deequip leg armor & clothing ;), but anyways i think this would turn out to be really good at putting shows on and everything once they had enough fun magic spells in and everything

Jaxan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2004, 10:47:42 pm »
Maybe you can only do only 1 thief action every minute or something, until you get better. I can imagine the \"uber n00b p4n7z3rs 0f d00m\" running around pantzing everyone they see. *shudders* heh... maybe that would be funny once in a while though... :P :D

Jaxan officially says that he likes the whole idea of useless fun junk. (pretend thats a prestigous thing) ;)

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2004, 10:53:35 pm »
maybe they can do it all they want but with thieves the better at it the most likely they\'ll succeed, otherwhys when they try the person could catch him cause hes not skilled enough to do that to that high of a lvl person

the higher skill in thief type fun magic

(all fun magic falls under fun magic but some are different types such as light shows (fireworks), thief fun magic, pranks, warrior fun magic, and even magic tricks)

the most likely the person will succeed with higher lvls then lvl 1

i.e.: 1 rank in the skill fun magic can get most lvls 1 with maybe a 70% chance of success, at rank 2 it goes up 5% to 75%, and sincee that hit 75% he can start hitting lvl 2\'s for 65%, until 75% then hit lvl 3\'s for 60%, ect. till 5% then will decrease from 10% and minus 1 each lvl or so, but increases only 1-3% each rank

this is another idea of mine, may explain it abit more and may be good, but as i explained above thats just starters, if its changed to be more even then i think that\'d be better

Turahk

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2004, 11:43:43 pm »
Originally posted by Jaxan
Maybe you can only do only 1 thief action every minute or something, until you get better. I can imagine the \"uber n00b p4n7z3rs 0f d00m\" running around pantzing everyone they see. *shudders* heh... maybe that would be funny once in a while though... :P :D

Jaxan officially says that he likes the whole idea of useless fun junk. (pretend thats a prestigous thing) ;)

LOL!!! i love that idea!! \"uber noob pantzers of doom\" LOL!! its rymes to!

ya like roguewolf said....higher lvl= better or lasts longer or has a better chance of succeding.

~Tur

P.S.   i really cant believe this topic took off so fast :) on other forums mone never did :( but hey this one is and we\'ve seem to done a lot of teh ideas so if the devs do notice this then they might like it even more cause WE have already come up with the rules and stuff :D