Author Topic: "Fun" Magic  (Read 5111 times)

Incenjucar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2005, 08:11:58 pm »
Just so long as using \"Fun Magic\" makes you attackable (Can you imagine the Visual Spam you\'d get in the tavern?), and you can only have a \"Prank Spell\" cast on you if you\'re challengable.
Underling Editor and Advisor for the Planeshift Comic Project.  Writers and Artists, and People with Ideas, Please Consider Getting Involved.  http://comic.ps-mc.com/forum/index.php

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers guild
(No subject)
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2005, 07:16:03 am »
Great idea!!!
Love it!
*prepares his magic mugs for some funny spells

But also this spells could be used in a offensive way as Seytra said, but in wars and stuff...
For example:
Guild A is at war with Guild B. Guild B is loosing, so it\'s members decide to cast some fireworks, fog, and the bouncing spell, it would cause lag, some members of Guild A would be frighten and would cause the members of Guild A to bounce arround, guiving advantage to the Guild B, by attacking at a long distance either with spells or other ranged weapons avoiding the lag caused in the area where Guild A is.

Another use of this spells could be a little usefull, but without being a combat/defensive spell, like turning something into another, levitation (as someone said already), change the color of something (mmm... don\'t like my black megara... maybe I\'ll make it blue).

A (usefull but non-combat) powerfull spell could be casting a huge cloud that would start to rain, you know for the fields in bad times to farmers... things like that...

Anyway, I would love to see players all wet because they were fighting with balloons, people without some clothes on, a pink Enki, etc... Because as Irish-Wiskey said, this things make the world alive and less boring.
"Lordbug" Dosaki, Chancellor of Knowledge Seekers Guild

Where does the PlaneShift Modding Community live nowadays?

cossack

illusions
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2005, 12:54:23 pm »
I dont know if this has allready been said but what about illusions. Its basicly a prank. for about 10-30 seconds your victim sees the item in his right hand as a banana or some other object depending on the wizards level. How would you find this funny if only the victim sees the item as this, just look at the chat window:

>tom attacks the rat for 11.30 damge
>tom attacks the rat for 12.10 damge
>you cast illusion spell
>tom is attacked by rat but doges it
tom says: my sword has turned to a banana!
bill says: what are you on about?
>tom attacks the rat for 11.60 damge
>your spell wears of
tom says: never mind

you break out in fits of laughter