Author Topic: Yes Arrow No Hammer  (Read 587 times)

-FoX-

Yes Arrow No Hammer
« on: January 07, 2004, 05:45:33 pm »
Arrows would be a good idea, they do add alot of depth to games.   How ever throwing Hammers sounds pretty dumb if u ask me, and as for the weapon staying by the feet... sounds like it will cause lag... lag to the player and lag to the server... which equels BAD            as for Archers sweet im for it  how ever you would need to balance out the bows.... so then their would be higher level bows, with more damage, more range, more speed.

have a skill to make arrows, and what not... Quivers would be the hard thing.  having it set to how many arrows they can hold.   id say something like 100.. no use having 25 and have people load up their inv with 6 quivers.  but while this u cant have the arrows way like 1lb each... then youd max out

Ghostslayer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 07:53:36 pm »
IMO, the more weapon variety we have the better.  If you dont like throwing axes, you don\'t have to use them :P  As for the weapon saying on the ground, this was just suggested in the wish list, it may not show up in the game.
Blitzers Guild
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 07:57:46 pm »
Arrows in a fantasy game???  Your a madman -FoX-!

MAD

roguewolftamer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 08:13:33 pm »
i agree with ghost, we need as much variety as we can get with all weapons

maybe even make double weapons like 2 daggers put together via the hilt or via a staff in the middle (like FF9) or whatever and this can happend with swords, axes, whatever, but if theres a staff it should become a pole (staff) weapon, if put together without anything (except the hilt) maybe it becomes a 2H weapon that can hit twice with alittle bit more dmg, but it slower and heavier (if there\'s going to be weight)

i think that would be cool to be able to stick weapons together to use maybe an axe and sword put together to make like a giant battle axe with a blade on the bottom of the hilt (to use both sword and axe skills)

i think this would allow for use of 2 skills at once (half both skills, then add the halves together to make the skill i.e.:1/2 * 20 & 50 = 10 & 25 = 35 skill which is just like a normal skill but for the dual weapon)

and maybe u can add more then just by hilt or staff, maybe add a chain and it can become a fast hit, lower dmg weapon or something, or perhaps have a VERY skilled enchanter to add a magical chain or staff to it to lessen the weight alittle for a better speed (but the enchanter would have to had alot of skill to do this)

plz tell me what yall think about this, if u like it tell me, if u dont tell me what u dont like and change it to ur liking

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 05:26:54 am »
Wha NO HAMMERS !!!!

Thats Crazy Talk ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

*Takes Sledge hammer and Goes off to find fox and show him what a hammer can do to his Skull !!!! *
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.

Jessyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 12:12:50 pm »
Hammers are important, and mauls, and spiky warhammers.  but have you ever tried to throw one?  not easy, axes can do more damage, with better accuracy.  While i agree with everyone who says we need many, many weapons, i think the weapons should be chosen based upon what works, and what would be made in the world of planeshift.

Jessyn
Most things in life operate, not on reality, but the perception of reality.