Author Topic: Ideas on potions.  (Read 1688 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Ideas on potions.
« on: January 06, 2002, 05:34:45 pm »
THIS MESSAGE IS TAKEN FROM OLD BOARD:

antonio842
                            posted 23-12-2001 19:03 GMT        

sorry to talk about RS but i have to ask. are there going to be potions that you can drink during combat to bring up stats (like a
                         str potion)
                         i think there should be
    Thekkur
    PS W.T.B. Member
                            posted 23-12-2001 22:19 GMT            

jep, there\'sll be potions. if you have ideas for potions, post em here.

Thekkur
    Archbishop Xaiver
                            posted 23-12-2001 23:18 GMT            

Speed Potion- Makes you run faster.
                         Stone Skin Potion- Make your skin harder for better defense.
                         Exploding Potion- Explodes when you throw it.
                         Cure Disease Potion- Cures ailments: poision, blindness etc.
                         Walk on Water Potion- Walk on water
                         AIr Potion- Give you extra air to breathe underwater.
                         Flying Potion- Lets you fly a short time.

Shadow
                            posted 30-12-2001 11:56 GMT            

Potion of impersonating - change the look of yourself to an other race, doesn\'t affect any skills.

Potion of Randomization - What do it do? You never know before it\'s to late.

Potion of Flies - ingest, then you can spit flies and mosqiutos on people, if botching the effect roll, your body gets infected with
                         eggs. (Eaten alive).

Potion of Vengeance - All damage inflicted upon you is also inflicted upon thee enemy.

Potion of madness - As potion of randomization, only that it\'s affecting everybody in an 15 feet radius (including you)

Potion of Deamons - Upon drinking this, your body will temporarily be overtaken by an archdeamon of great power, slaughtering
                         your foes, but the prize of this could be dire indeed.
    amisane
                            posted 30-12-2001 14:49 GMT            

that potion of madness would be very cool indeed, but would it give everyone the same effects (ie all get a bonus/weakness) or
                         would different people get different effects from the same one potion of madness?
    Shadow
                            posted 01-01-2001 20:53 GMT            

All would get the same bonus for potion of madness but:

Potion of Malkav - All in the area drinks a potion of madness. (many plus and minuses to everyone)

Potion of Malkavs childer - All in the area drinks a potion of randomness.

Potion of the archdeamon - You sprinkles this potion in a pentagram and adds six sixes in it, after that you summons forth the
                         ruler of all hells. In exchange for your soul he grants some wishes. When you die your soul goes to hell and is tormented for all
                         eternity.

Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2002, 02:45:08 pm »
Cool, my potions are still here, although you must rename the potion of malkavian, cause Malkav is an character in white wolfs storytelling game Vampire the dark ages and vampire the masquerade.
Join The Order Of The Hand .
The rules are being updated, mail me if you are interested in knowing them.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"
Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.

Valathous

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2002, 03:25:17 pm »
Too make the game funner i think we should have potion to temporarly have skills which you normaly cant have.

Nightvision Potion- Allows any race to temporarily have the ability of nightvision.  Time can vary from 1 min-4min!
RARE

Normal Vision- Allows a player with nightvision ect...  To see in normal vision for 5-6 min!
Un-Common

Flight Potion- Fly for around 2 min.
RARE

Underbreathe- Breathe underwater for around 2 min.
RARE

Infra Potion- Infravision for 3 min.
Uncommon

Level Potion-  Gain 1 level in 2 random skills.
Super Rare

Super Plus Level- Gain 1 level in every skill temporarily.
RARE

Race Change-  Change your race for 1 day with your already gotton skills.
Super Super Rare

Thats all I can think of!

Jeelly  GRAPE!  STAWBERRY!!

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2002, 05:37:17 am »
I like these ideas for potions here are a few of my own.

Potion of magic resistance=drink and you are immune to spells for a short period of time and spell like effects.

Potion of Mundane objects=drink this potion and you will blend into your surroundings fora duration period.

Potion of Echanting=pour this potion on a special item under the right circumstances at it will become magical.

potion of protection elements =1 for each fire water lightning air earth each a different potion that prevents harm from that element.

potion of Possesion=drinking this potion will enable you to control a certain type of monster type by what strength the potion is.

potion of air drinking this potion will make you as light as air (good for falling)

Potion of blade turning=drinking this potion will prevent all blades from harming you for the time (notice this does not say anything about blunt weapons only blades)
potion of protection from normal weapons-drinking this potion would make it so nobody using a normal weapon could injure you .It would have to be magical

I can make a million of these

also it would be good if you could only use like maybe 1 or 2 potions at a time because of the various ingredients causing weird side affects to your system.

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2002, 08:08:24 am »
Potion of Invisibilty: Makes you invisible to all monsters within a certain radius.

And err.....i thought races with night/infravision had them as an advantage, for example nightvision, u see normally in the day but in caves you dont need to buy candles or whatever, cos you can see in the dark.

Infravision.........what\'s that? ?(
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

Tearlach t'an Ailech fin Leros

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2002, 12:58:29 pm »
Infravision is when you see heat, in a blue to red spectrum (I think), walls and cold things are blue, and warmer areas have \'hotter\' colours.
A person with infravision can even track people because of the heat they give off, even if this warmth goes away pretty quick.
Join The Order Of The Hand .
The rules are being updated, mail me if you are interested in knowing them.
\"Down in their hearts, wise men know this truth: the only way to help yourself is to help others.\"
Never take life seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.

Dumb Woob

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2002, 05:29:45 am »
i think infared is the invisible light in the electromagnetic spectrum that below the color red, it has a longer wavelegnth, i dunno if they\'re longer or shorter than radio

Kerrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2002, 05:17:21 pm »
Infrared is above the visible spectrum, at the red end, along with microwaves and a few others. Radio waves are at the other end, with ultraviolet, gamma, and x-rays. IR enables you to see heat given off by most things, from white (very hot) to black (very cold). Anyone who\'s seen the movie Predator would have an excellent example.
Ultravision (UV) is a magnification of visible light - starlight scopes and night vision goggles follow this concept. In UV, objects typically have a greenish cast to them, or appear black and white.  
There is a world in which I am alone.
A world which nobody can enter.
A world which nobody can know.
This is my world.

- Anonymous.

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2002, 06:18:55 pm »
That sounds kinda hard to use

IHS

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2002, 08:15:20 pm »
i like the super super rare potion that gives u an up-level in 2 random skills

maybe we can have a potion to lvl u up in 1 skill, which you can get from a quest or something ;/

or sell it for a ton of money

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2002, 08:20:33 pm »
Those would sell for so much. But whos gonna wanna sell one?