Author Topic: New PlaneShift main server!  (Read 11119 times)

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
Re: New PlaneShift main server!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 09:59:26 am »
I dont Understand how some people can have a hard time updating, I did it manually, no problem.

If something goes wrong and you want to do the update manually, then just open the file /data/servers.xml and replace planeshift.zeroping.it with planeshift.subhosting.net
The error in this, is that it doesnt say IP="planeshift.zeroping.it" It says IP="[some IP address Iforgot]"
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 01:48:25 pm »
The link to myplane is wrong ( the one that comes up in the random motd on the forum page)... that link shows subhosting.it when it should be subhosting.net

qwertymc2

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 07:35:59 pm »
aruba asks 6 eur per year for third level domains. we've been evaluating what to do since a while.

OMG are you kidding? I bought my domains from aruba but I never used their dns servers because I need more features (dkim, jabber, sip, etc...), I can host your domain names for free on my own nameservers if you want (primary + secondary on another network, ipv4 and ipv6). Anyway it's really unbelievable you have to pay for a third level :)

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 04:43:49 am »

bilbous

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 05:12:21 am »
It would seem you have plenty of choice for registrars servicing the .it tld. Is the one you have really the best you can do? The list I linked is just the "A's", many more linked from that page. I have a .info domain that I transferred to a cheaper registrar, and I had no trouble with it.

I'm guessing the real problem is that they are hosting your domain as well.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:18:02 am by bilbous »

raline

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 11:12:37 am »
Out of curiosity: who is hosting hydlaaplaza.com? I mean the webserver not the dns.

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 02:28:56 pm »
+1  This time there were no disasters.. no little glistening tears, no bitter replies!  xD

Not yet, you mean!

OH THANK YOU VERY MUCH PS TEAM FOR SPAMMING MY INBOX!!

;)  (<- for LigH to understand I'm not actually upset)

(btw., just fixed the really cool online status sigs everybody is using :D)

ether

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 11:20:50 am »
...My updater is missing and my for some reason my manual changes in the server.xml document must have been fatally wrong because any attempts I make to connect to the server fail.  -_-

ether

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 08:44:35 am »
Sorry for double-posting.  Maybe I need to reword that - can someone give me straight up full cut+paste of what SHOULD be in the server.xml doc?

bilbous

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 10:01:51 am »
Code: [Select]
<serverlist>
<server name="Laanx server (Main)" description="Laanx server is our main server. All players are encouraged to engage in roleplay and stay In Character. If you are not much into roleplay, please be careful before speaking OOC with others.
Read our roleplay guide on PlaneShift main site!
Register at http://planeshift.subhosting.net/register" ip="planeshift.subhosting.net" port="7777" />
</serverlist>

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 01:51:11 am »
...My updater is missing
The application "pslaunch" works as updater too.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

ether

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 06:41:28 am »
Aha, I was missing port numbers.  Thank you, Bilbous!

You mean the repair utility LigH?  Hrm - I tried running that a few times; it displays a message like it's using some ss9 mirror or something and then does nothing for probably about 2.5 hours before I give up.  I don't know -  for the most part PS works pretty well for me despite my computer being a PoS so I rarely ever had to use it save recently.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 08:42:32 am »
I don't mean the "Repair" button. I mean simply starting the launcher and looking if a popup already appears.

Well, the message about an "ss9" mirror looks so hopelessly outdated... from this state, the launcher is probably not anymore able to upgrade to version 0.5.8; better re-install the game with a current installer package. Doctoring the config files in the game installation directory or in your user application data directory may or may not help, even completely mess it.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

ether

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 08:28:06 am »
I have the 5.8.1 client, but I never got any popups from the launcher, even after I left it open for more than half an hour at one point.