Author Topic: Non-Euclidean Geometries in the DR  (Read 1009 times)

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Euclidean Geometries in the DR
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 06:48:48 pm »
(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 07:20:17 pm »
I find it odd that people cant find their way out of the DR in its current state, not to be rude, but you would have to be an idiot not to be able to find your way out, Its a straight shot from beginning to end, the only place you can turn a wrong direction is at the library, and even there, neither direction leads anywhere. The ONLY plausible palce to get lost, is the one spot where you have to drop down to continue, and that isnt hard to see if your brightness is turned up.
Having at least a couple twists and turns, as well as some dead ends would make the DR more Ic for the settings, but the portal idea is by far the best.
And if that did become a problem for new players, make it possible for them to 'find' a map, written perhaps by somody who has spent years attempting to find the exit.
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 01:58:27 am »
totally... let's remove the curse and just spawn people at random places in the sewers

[ Like ]

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 04:00:12 am »
I find it odd that people cant find their way out of the DR in its current state, not to be rude, but you would have to be an idiot not to be able to find your way out, Its a straight shot from beginning to end, the only place you can turn a wrong direction is at the library, and even there, neither direction leads anywhere. The ONLY plausible palce to get lost, is the one spot where you have to drop down to continue, and that isnt hard to see if your brightness is turned up.
Having at least a couple twists and turns, as well as some dead ends would make the DR more Ic for the settings, but the portal idea is by far the best.
And if that did become a problem for new players, make it possible for them to 'find' a map, written perhaps by somody who has spent years attempting to find the exit.

telling people they are idiot if they cannot find the way out is no help to anyone, and please take into account that for someone the DR is really a dark place (almost pitch black on some hardware) and the brightness adjustment doesn't help sometimes

however (even if I would not place it as an high DEVs priority) it would be fun to have some quest and something to do for those that *want* to play their death (and way back) a little more ICly but please remember that it is a game and a game is about fun and it is wrong to force something onto new players if they have no fun at it. It will simply lead them to leave the game (and the community) forever.

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 04:58:38 pm »
Perhaps the reward for completing a quest down there would be re-emerging to the realm of the living? Could have the quest be re-doable every once in awhile.

i like this. instead of just finding your way out of the DR, you actually have to perform some service in the name of Dakkru and earn your way out? I like this a lot.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Timil Deeps

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2012, 06:32:13 am »
The Youtube link and the mention of making DR a dream-like place reminds me of Inception, which I recently watched for the first time. Trippy! But yeah, I like a lot of the ideas presented thus far.

Mesilla

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 08:07:08 pm »
I agree with the portal thing, but I think it should be randomized, otherwise people will memorize the route, and use the DR as a shortcut. Unfortunately, I don't think the devs will implement an improved DR anytime soon...  :(

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2012, 01:11:21 am »
According to underpinned rumours, there has been serious development of a "Real Death Realm" already... but you are probably right with your doubt of a "soon™" release.

BTW: Welcome. :)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty