Author Topic: The Hydlaa Market  (Read 4300 times)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: The Hydlaa Market
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2016, 02:36:38 pm »
Don't believe him... he's a total prima donna.  :P

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2016, 11:02:55 pm »
At Today's Hydlaa Market...

Willam has competition now! That is, he's no longer the only person running storage who comes to the market. This person that you can see in the above picture also arrived today at the market! If only I remembered his name...

As for the merchants today, it looks as if we have a trusted messenger wandering about!

That's not all, as we saw the return of Wrenn, the herbalist.
Also returning to the market, and with new drinks, was Larili!

And Jessamine showed up with her culinary delights!
She had a menu and some breakfasts.

Today, Migg had a "riding" game, where you tried not to fall off the barrel. In the background are various crates which he had as rewards for those who managed to stay on for a while!

That's all that I saw happen there, but seeing as I only stopped by briefly, feel free to add to my post, and as always, you are welcome to share your own screenshots!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 10:49:07 pm by Tidebringer »
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!
You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2016, 11:17:08 pm »
At Yesterday's Hydlaa Market...

So it turns out he got a tent this time, and that his name is Jorni Yeelni.

We had a couple new merchants at the market!
They were Eymma and Kohinor, selling many different potions, weapons, shields, and armor

Some of our veteran vendors were able to make it as well!
We saw the return of Larili's Beverage Shop,
another appearance of Wrenn the herbalist,
and of course Zharai's Basic Goods!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:12:03 am by Tidebringer »

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2016, 11:29:49 pm »
Just a quick little post here, in case anyone is interested in learning how to copy the more easily replicated aspects of my posts in this thread. Or just in case I forget (again) how to name the links or resize the images.

The Title
Would be:
Code: [Select]
[center][size=14pt][color=teal]The Title[/color][/size][/center]
[img height=300]imageurl[/img]
And lastly, named links:
[url=imageurl]name[/url]
As always, feel free to post to this thread, as it is unlikely that I'll be able to make it to the market every time and screenshots are always welcome!

Also, GMT converter again (because): https://greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter/
And another: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 01:54:35 pm by Tidebringer »

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2016, 03:14:13 pm »
At Yesterday's Hydlaa Market, I Attended and I Saw...

... and will try to bring you some tidings, so please bear with me.

The notable event was a raffle for a full leather armor set, held by Jocas lord Defaye, which attracted a small crowd.

We also had a new merchant, Maltrobian Borgar, with a selection of fine weapons and armor.

Some of the regular vendors were there as well, though the delayed Dev meeting (well, GM meeting actually) made some of them late:
Larili's beverage shop was there, offering a selection of fine beverages.
The stall of Wren the herbalist displayed a wide selection of herbal preparations,
while I (Migg) returned to the market selling juices and herbal preparations, taking orders for Jessamine's Culinary Delights, and taking advantage of slow moments to play a duet with Grindulf, who made an appearance to entertain attendants with his compositions and please them with his musical skills.

Being a merchant means one has to attend to his stall and customers, I should therefore apologize for anything I may have missed. Hope to see you all at the next week's market!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:16:49 pm by Migg »

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2016, 05:09:49 pm »
[...] which attracted a small crowd.

Almost all the people present at the market lemme tell ya.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2016, 01:17:33 pm »
Another Week, Another Market...

... trying to compete with a Healers meeting made for sparse attendance.

Still, Deryna's Bar made its inaugural appearance, even though Deryna is not new to the market! Whoever did not visit lost a chance to chill out eating delicious mixed nuts and sipping a variety of fine alcoholic beverages.

A few veterans also made an appearance this week:
Larili set up shop with a fine selection of beverages, for those loath to drink in public.
Maltrobian was offering his set of fine weapons and armor, but also had a surprise offering: A raffle for a set of 300Q maces! Lots were very competitively priced too!
Finally, I made an appearance again to broker Jessamine's Culinary Delights, offer Migg's Herbal Preparations and perform a cameo appearance as bartender standing in for Deryna, when she left for the Healer's meeting.

Jessamine

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2016, 08:55:46 pm »
At this weeks Market...

We had a several musicians this week... a Poor Menki And a few Dermorians

Larili had her shop of drinks.

Wrenn had some dust (I am assuming to show what enchantments,she can make however I did not stop to ask)

Jessamine and Migg had their usual set up of Jessamine's Culinary Delights. And of course he had his teas and juices available to buy as well.

There were some rumors after the market about a Dermorian getting drunk and falling asleep then having some necklace stolen, but I don't think anyone was caught in this matter.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 09:07:40 pm by Jessamine »

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2016, 02:17:54 pm »
Despite Appearances...

... we did have a market this week!

A traveling minstrel visited the market this week: Dhara created a cozy set up at a corner of the marketplace, played some lovely music that attracted the market's customers and put out a helmet, asking for donations or employment.

Despite the low attendance, some of the market's veterans did make their appearance:
Larili was there again with her assortment of beverages, ranging from therapeutic teas and nutritious juices to heartwarming wines and refreshing ales.
Maltrobian also made an appearance with a new range of goods, always renewing his offerings to appeal to different segments of the market.
Jessamine's and Migg's stall was again set up, but was this time apparently run by a Rivnak. Did Migg stray from his post, abandoning his customers to listen the minstrel's songs instead?

Another market is forthcoming and, if you can spare some time, don't forget to visit on your way to the House of Learning's Grand Opening.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 02:24:11 pm by Migg »

Nightflyer0ne

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2016, 10:15:51 pm »
(Dharah) ;)

Had a lot of fun playing for the market. Hope to get my music selling business back up and running, soon. I've been re-tooling my selections to better fit PS, and also to make my catalog less dependent on which instrument you play, or what skill you have.
Giving my multiple personalities some playground space, one alt at a time. ;)

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2016, 03:35:51 am »
@Nightflyer0ne: Perfect! Sounds really good... and we like our bards/minstrels/musicians, don't we? :D

@Everyone: So sorry I haven't been able to make it to the market in forever! It seems to be doing alright, though, thanks to Migg (and everyone else involved, of course!) :)

Which brings me to this...

@Migg: Thank you SO much for all these posts and the effort you put into them! Keep up the good work. :thumbup: :thumbup:

*Tidebringer crawls off to bed because it's WAY TOO LATE for her.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:39:55 am by Tidebringer »

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2016, 12:44:04 pm »
Another Week, Another Market!

And another late post about last Sunday's market!  :-[

Larasay inaugurated his stall to display a varied assortment of enchanted weapons.

This week saw the return of Jessamine to personally disperse her Culinary Delights, alongside Migg's Herbal Concoctions.
Larili and her excelent beverages were once more present to the delight of her clientele.
Maltobrian also set up his stall to offer the wares of Boragar Consolidated, but withdrew early, aparently to get ready for the Hall of Learning opening.
Wren was there, this time to sell her enchanted gems, perfect for improving the performance of any weapon or enhancing your armor to give it that edge that could make a difference where it counts: in the heat of battle.

Some unwary customers, and merchants alike, found their purses lighter after a brief encounter with a shady character who was sly enough to evade the camera. Market goers be wary, lest you find your purses missing some coins!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 12:52:13 pm by Migg »

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2016, 01:10:42 pm »
This Week's Market Proved...

...that the early bird catches the worm, but the late bird can chat with everyone!

This week's market startet small, with just three merchants vying for the attention of two customers, one of whom was determined to come early, shop in a hurry and leave.

The early bird, Maltrobian, set up a cosy and attractive stall, getting the well-deserved attention of the early customer.
Larili and her Beverages were once more there, oferring even greater variety at the excelent quality for which she is renowned.
Migg set up his stall for Jessamine's Culinary Delights and Migg's Herbal Remedies, sans Jess this time.
The last to come, he was also the last to leave, attracting a slowly but steadily expanding group of customers, who  stayed on to shop and chat well into the dusk.

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2016, 02:57:00 pm »
Another Market...

...which we survived, despite the maulberlord invasions which the guards kept shouting about.

Some people even relaxed a bit at this market!

We had a new (I believe) fish vendor selling -- guess what? -- FISH!

Making her usual appearance at the market, we saw Larili with her Beverage Shop, and seemed to have the best luck at the market with attracting customers.

Last, but certainly not least, Jessamine showed up at the market to sell her Culinary Delights! This time, however, Migg didn't show up. It must've been Jessamine's turn to be their presence in the market!

(As always, if someone has anything about this market they want to add, please feel free to do so!)

Sirial

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2016, 03:29:31 pm »
We had a new (I believe) fish vendor selling -- guess what? -- FISH!

Not that new  ;D

I was already there selling fishes about 6-7 months ago.
Aniroho Aimirrel (Researcher in Knowledge Seekers)
Terelen Honoro (Captain of the Iron Claw)