Author Topic: The Hydlaa Market  (Read 4191 times)

Rheos

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Way of the Hammer
Re: The Hydlaa Market
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2015, 02:13:49 pm »
As this week's Market consisted solely of the Iron Hammer Shop, The Way of The Hammer have decided to hijack the market next week and move it to a different location.
on 11th October 2015 we will open shop in the secret tavern of the Hammers near Amidison, The Broken Barrel.
other traders are welcome to come and set up inside the tavern (or just outside if it gets full).
Our master brewer, Thoraro, will be selling beers and wines to quench your thirst during the market and there may be a turn or two at the barrel brawl to keep you all entertained as well.  :D
Rheos

Keeper of the Hammer
---------------------------------

Mouli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 01:29:56 pm »
Here is the TWH market place, Infront of the Broken Barrel tavern;
If you want you can book your place,

A cooking place is already set up (9) for anyone willing to cook live (just contact a Hammer ingame)

A place to rest with tables and benches and one of the best Hydlaa view

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 01:31:56 pm by Mouli »
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians...

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2015, 04:04:58 pm »
Some screenshots of yesterday's Market! Feel free to post (nicer, hahah) ones if you've got 'em!

http://imgur.com/a/lzXWw

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2015, 09:34:54 am »
Why is everyone a black void?!
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2015, 01:11:53 pm »
Probably because someone can only use "office grade" graphics with lowest quality settings, so not even the lighting of the world is calculated.

Sorry that I never think about making screenshots in time, I hope to think about it during the next market... At least Esanor should have time to stroll a bit.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2016, 04:35:39 pm »
A quick note about the markets since this has come up a few times.

The markets are meant to be an open resource to everyone. If your character wants to sell something, simply have them show up. No asking required, no reservations. The time, 18 GMT on Sundays, is simply a convenient way to let people in different time zones come together. The function of the market is to have a consistent meeting place for all players, as Yliakum is large and converging ICly doesn't always work out.

Some Sundays will naturally be quieter of course, but the market is meant to always be "going on." Not everyone will be able to make it every week, naturally, which is why the more people that make merchants and peddle wares, the more consistent the markets will be. When there are multiple players taking the lead in something, that something has a tendency to last longer.

If you have event ideas, feel free to throw those events! Advertise them! If you want to ask Evirea or Selicree for help, do it! If you want to solo it, do that too! PM me with any questions you might have in regards to goings on.

As always, have fun with it.  :thumbup:

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2016, 01:00:41 am »
This is a... THREAD NECRO!!!  :beta:
A quick note about the markets since this has come up a few times.

The markets are meant to be an open resource to everyone. If your character wants to sell something, simply have them show up. No asking required, no reservations. The time, 18 GMT on Sundays, is simply a convenient way to let people in different time zones come together. The function of the market is to have a consistent meeting place for all players, as Yliakum is large and converging ICly doesn't always work out.

Some Sundays will naturally be quieter of course, but the market is meant to always be "going on." Not everyone will be able to make it every week, naturally, which is why the more people that make merchants and peddle wares, the more consistent the markets will be. When there are multiple players taking the lead in something, that something has a tendency to last longer.

If you have event ideas, feel free to throw those events! Advertise them! If you want to ask Evirea or Selicree for help, do it! If you want to solo it, do that too! PM me with any questions you might have in regards to goings on.

As always, have fun with it.  :thumbup:

I'm too lazy right now to do any more with this quote than quote it and strike through the obviously now invalid part. :-\
It's well stated, at least, and everything not with a line through it still applies... uh, mostly. Sending Mariana there a PM probably won't work, and I might just panic if you send me one asking questions about stuff I'm new to. Like events. :-[

At any rate, it's long since due for an update!

Even though you can't see him in any of these following pictures, Willam (the storage guy in Hydlaa, kind of near to Kada El's) now COMES TO YOU! :woot:  \\o//
That's great, right? Sometimes he's slow, sometimes he's lazy and doesn't want to leave "on time", but he comes to the marketplace now! Right by that billboard and all the crates. Which makes sense, if you think about it.

This is the current marketplace setup! Isn't it lovely, folks? Downright gorgeous! C'mon, you know you want to RP there! :D

The advertisements on the aforementioned marketplace billboard:

I think I got them in order from left to right, as they appear when you're looking at the billboard. Not that such things matter.

Well, that's it for now folks! Pictures, pictures, pictures galore! \\o// (Opening them in a new tab should give you a larger version of the picture. Works for me, at least...)
Maybe you'll even get more pictures from this upcoming market! Who knows?

This is apparently what happens when I read Illysia's posts for a good week or two or three or however long it's been...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 01:07:27 am by Tidebringer »
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!
You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2016, 10:06:23 am »
Very nice post. :thumbup: However, there are books on the tavern advertising the market and game and they say 6pm. Who's 6pm is it referring to?

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2016, 10:53:23 am »
Actually, the books you're referring to are advertising an auction at the market and a game. As to who's 6pm it is, I haven't the faintest clue. ::|

EDIT:
I'm emphasizing this: the Hydlaa market officially starts at 1800 (6:00 pm) GMT https://greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter/, but don't feel too much like you have to drop by at that time and then leave an hour later, I usually stay a few hours (if I can) when I attend so as to catch more of the merchants/customers. Or just to RP, it really depends.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:07:10 am by Tidebringer »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2016, 10:56:38 am »
Ah ok.

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2016, 05:06:40 pm »
We had a lovely market today!

Proof that Willam does go to the market.

And now more pictures:
An herbalist and her catalog
Another herbalist and his wares
One more herbalist and what she sells

In case you couldn't tell, we had a lot of herbalists this time! That's not all, though. We had other merchants, too!

Zharai with her fresh, basic goods
Someone selling bows
And someone set up a little trading post, offering a variety of goods

There was also someone with a game and auction, but I wasn't able to sneak over there for long enough to take a quick screenshot of their setup.

For those of you interested: I attended for roughly 2 hours, from about 1800 to somewhere around 2000 GMT, and towards the end of my stay most people had left.

More pictures are welcome, if you want to share!

Jessamine

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2016, 05:24:07 pm »
This thread is awesome! Of course it was the week I was unable to show up so no mention of Jesssamine's Culinary Delights :P

Love seeing the screen shoots however of what I missed this week so thanks!

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2016, 05:24:58 pm »
Yeah, I do like the screenshots.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2016, 05:30:14 pm »
Good to see this is still a think, not that i play anymore or something but still.

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2016, 05:35:00 pm »
Jessamine, funny that the one you miss is the only (somewhat) recent one I manage to attend. ;D

Anyways, I'll definitely aim to try and attend more markets in the future, but really, feel free to share Hydlaa market screenshots of your own.

Also feel free to play around with the market a bit, and don't limit yourselves to just merchants: we need people to buy stuff too!

At the beginning of the thread Mariana stated her hope that we have a stage in the marketplace eventually, for characters to play music, preach about religion, recruit people into their guilds, or maybe even just use it for a more structured place to have an auction!

Opinions on this whole stage thing?