Author Topic: RCD  (Read 1727 times)

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
RCD
« on: August 27, 2015, 01:02:44 pm »
I want the RCD. To open and use for roleplay again.

Deepest regards,

Cairn.
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
Re: RCD
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 04:47:05 pm »
I want the RCD. To open and use for roleplay again.

Deepest regards,

Cairn.

There has been so little interest in the RCD. When I was opening on a regular basis no one was showing up. Some would pop in to see if anyone was there and then leave. Hours spent alone is not my cup of tea.

If you want to plan something or can let me or Damola know when you want to use it we will be happy to open.

In case anyone is wondering about seeing me in-game, I have been in the hospital and my heart is failing. My attention span is short and I tire quickly. Working on getting better.

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 05:44:02 pm »
Firstly, I hope you get feeling better. Really and truly I do.

Secondly, I'd love to take it over for you. I don't mind spending hours alone, and there's a group of us that will use it well.

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 06:49:50 pm »
If you let me know the days and hours I will be sure to have it open. There have been some issues and things are tightly controlled. A key holder from Ad Libertatem or the Family needs to be present when the RCD is open.

Ascomanni

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 08:10:24 pm »
awe man, that is disappointing. I got excited there for two seconds. It would have been lovely to see such a lovely and highly potential place be utilized.

Jiggs

• Traveller
  • Sage in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 08:25:00 pm »
I think what we need more is just a building with furniture set up for a tavern that is left unlocked, the important parts can be locked down like the hospital, and allow people to come in when they want to be bartender/waiter/customer. Either having people bring the props they need for the day they're hosting, or if someone needs help funding an RP I'd be more than willing to help... within reason of course. We need playing space for creative minds to blossom I feel, so that people can have side jobs in their character's life and still interact with people. Variety is the spice of life after all.
If Roses are red... and violets are blue, why oh why can't I be purple?

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 08:28:31 pm »
I have to mirror Jiggs' sentiment. The hospital is left always unlocked for anyone to use, nobody even has a set of keys, and I believe the learning hall is going to be set up in much the same fashion. This would allow more people to use the space as a role play setting more freely, and there wouldn't be a need to work around specific schedules or time zones.

Ascomanni

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 08:34:57 pm »
Personally I am just tired of having to make a group to simulate what the RCD should be. A group is limiting and excludes from the RP accidentally getting bigger and blossoming.

Pierrette

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 12:07:02 am »
Agree - lock down (or lock up) things that need it - those can be unlocked when Ad Lib and the Family are about and engaged in their (and our) awesome RP - and keep it open.

I hope it can truly be used as a tavern, meaning that when one wanders in it's not dead silence with a bunch of people grouped.

This has been dealt with perfectly at the little sick house near the Laanx temple (sanatorium is it called?).  Twice there was a group of RP friends playing, in main and doing their thing, it felt great and immersive.  I did not want to join in but I liked the inclusive feeling I got from listening to them while doing a quest and then (being intrigued) by sitting close by, near the...circular thing, very cute...gazebo. 

Good idea, people.

[p.s.  what on gods' green earth does "deepest regards" mean???]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:09:01 am by Pierrette »

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 11:36:07 am »
all blessings cdmoreland. get well.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 11:46:48 am »
i'm confused, why are people grouping?
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 12:50:02 pm »
all blessings cdmoreland. get well.

Thanks, I'm working on it. :)

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 12:52:48 pm »
i'm confused, why are people grouping?

No idea  ::|

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 03:02:28 pm »
No idea why people would be grouping either. RP is to be shared:)

Thanks everyone who's posted. Ultimately I do want the RCD to be free and open, so that it is FOR THE PLAYERS.

Yes, we have Kada's, but that is an NPC environment. I think what we can do with the RCD can be even better. If we need to stick it in a guild or organization's name, I understand that, just for brevity, but I can also provide that, and simply leave it open for all players to use at all times.

Thanks again,

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 05:46:29 pm »
In case anyone is wondering about seeing me in-game, I have been in the hospital and my heart is failing. My attention span is short and I tire quickly. Working on getting better.

I'm terribly sorry to hear that cdmoreland. I hope your health starts to improve soon.