Author Topic: Arerano's MODs  (Read 6336 times)

Lanarel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Arerano's MODs
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 05:44:27 am »
And yes, I should warn: The Bag Window is too high to fit in a 800x600 PS-window.
Mm, I often run at 800x600, and sometimes even 640x480 (when testing with multiple clients :) ).

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 07:33:04 am »
There wouldn't be that warning if the system still counted in the 800x600units and not pixels ;p but fact is the counting in pixels system has some good advantages.

Hey, another reason to make PS windows fully resizable... one day ;P

I think you can play in making images for the other skins, Arerano ;> If i may suggest, i don't like the cupandtalon font. It isn't very good for reading. I always liked Scurlock more if comes about artistic fonts, but given the trend for using this font in game, i don't thik i will see it much around anymore ;P

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

Arerano

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 04:25:43 pm »
I made a new GUI MOD.
This time, I call it "RPer's Chatwindow"  ;D
I was always annoyed by the huge border of the chat window, blocking my view. Yet I do like to use that neat "resize function" of the chat window, to see "more text at once".. which increased the border even more. I don't need a border, what I want to see is text. As much as possible at once, and that - nicely readable.

Here is it! The buttons (which I know by heart, are that small BY DESIGN!). No boarder and ONLY the middle text-field will increase in height when resizing. (none of the buttons or the input box.. thus, no space wasted)

(PS: the text shown is from the rules.. which you all ought to know.)

Download:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-933737/chat.zip.html

Feedback is welcome!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 01:14:09 pm by Arerano »

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 09:53:17 am »
*Bump* hehe... No, seriously, I had missed your last mod Arerano so I just installed it (chat.xml) and I'm diggin' it! :) Good work. I really like the text size. With the last update it had shrunk quite a bit and the resize text option was too crammed for my taste. This is really good. Keep it up.

btw, it matches Cherppow's Glass and Paper GUI skin perfectly.

Edit: Here's a screenie.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:58:25 am by Dajoji »

Hrothbert

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 02:54:09 pm »

I like this being compact; I will consider using some of these mods in the future. The only thing I would think would be a neat additive to the INV window would be the amount of Progression points accumulated and maybe the Exp though that really doesn't affect much in game. I only mention it because I find it somewhat annoying to have to open both windows in order to see all those stats.

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 08:09:04 am »
Thank you very much for this mod, Arerano! (RPer's Chatwindow :P) I was longing for something like this  :thumbup:

(YAY! Fifth GUI MOD for today! Is it my birthday?  ::|
Jk  ;))

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

Arerano

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 10:07:35 am »
Thanks for all your comments so far.

I pondered about another way to not waste valuable text-space.
I could add tiny buttons to the left side (M for Main, N for Npc, T for Tells, G for Guild, (second) G for Group, S for System and H (or ?) for Help)

G|
G|
S|
H|_______________________________
  | Input Line

Or maybe the buttons on the right side. But I am unsure how usable (user friendly) that would be.

I also tried a bit around with the guild window, but the background is hardcoded. Well, lets see with what I'll come up next. (currently also working on things which aren't GUI related - not in that way at least.)

Wow, almost looks like made for it. :) However it seems like there's no indicator to see which tab is active.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 10:12:39 am »
Wow, almost looks like made for it. :) However it seems like there's no indicator to see which tab is active.

I could, of course, just be seeing things, but it looks to me like the system tab is a darker colour. if they still flashed when an unread message was in them it would be identical, just less intrusive. More of a gentle reminder that you're ignoring people than the current harsh one.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2008, 10:22:55 am »

Ahhh... yes. Looks like that... I hadn't noticed until you said it, however so maybe it's not that bad :P

I also just noticed something though: the white/transparent background can make the text hard to read if the objects behind the communication box are light colored as well. What happens is that a light background blends in with the white text and the transparency of the text box reduces contrast instead of enhancing it. If the background of the text box were black instead of white, it will avoid this problem, since it would come between the white text and the background. I suppose that's got to do with the skin color scheme rather than with the mod, however...

I'll post a screenshot as soon as I get a chance.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:26:52 am by Dajoji »

Arerano

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 05:15:02 am »
I uploaded the chat window again. It got removed somehow. ...once more

Anyway, you can get them from the "Planeshift 3d mods" svn on sourceforge.net:
There: http://planeshift3dmod.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/planeshift3dmod/Arerano/data/gui/
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 06:07:49 pm by Arerano »

Arerano

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 06:14:01 am »
Those who use my inventory window must update to the newest version. for PlaneShift 0.4.03
There were changes in PlaneShift which will require you to use the new XML. (otherwise you may lose items trying to equip them on your head).

http://planeshift3dmod.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/planeshift3dmod/Arerano/data/gui/

WARNING This affects the other modded inventories too!
(Don't ask me if they (other than mine) got updated for the new version though)