Author Topic: Small script to see who is online on laanx  (Read 6948 times)

Nakem

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Small script to see who is online on laanx
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2010, 04:39:26 pm »
* Nakem eats the waffles.
Thanks  :lol:

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2010, 02:18:19 pm »
Hey nakem.

I tried to start the thing and nothing happened. Here's the reason:

from playerinfo.xml:
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<CharacterInfo><Character [...]/><Character [...]/><Character [...]/><Character [...]/><Character [...]/><Character Gender="

Okay, so that probably has something to do with my German translation and that the tool saves the literal gender values to the XML (as you said you want to release an official version with translation, should probably store 0,1,2 or maybe m,f,n for Genders and so on). Also, entering any non-ASCII characters in the character info description field won't work very well, either (should at least show an error message, what it does is fail silently, or maybe even worse, destroys the XML similarly to above example).

Anyway that's not so tragic, just thought I'd let you know.

garoninja

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2010, 08:04:28 pm »
I was thinking about this script to see who is online and then I thought that this would be a great thing to have on my Ipod touch. I'm sure it is quite possible to do, but I dont have the programming skills to do it. If any one comes up with an Ipod compatible version then please let me know.

Garosan grins "Sit on me and I'll put a crossbow bolt in the back of your head then bludgeon Vayl to death with one of your arms."

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2010, 03:33:17 am »
I like it.  :thumbup:

Aiwendil

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2010, 07:59:05 am »
Can't believe I really do a serious post...*shrugs*

Okay, made my version of the script using the new RP server as default. Not really any other changes, can't be arsed to put more effort in it.
Install instructions the same as in my past posts.

Changelog for version 0.4:
- Using skylab as default server now
- updated the default GM list
- reads the correct html field with names now again without having to change the tagcount constant

RapidShare download. (If anyone is up to host this for easier downloading do so...I'm not going to ask the person who hosted this for me in the past and who is now banned from the forums)

Important notes for the version:
If you used an old version of my script only downloading the new version won't help with using the new server. The old one is still in the configuration file which takes precedence over the hardcoded server address in the script. So to make it use the new server open "~./PStools/PS-PlayerS.py.ini" (or "%userprofile%\.PStools\PS-PlayerS.py.ini" in windows) with a text editor and remove the "statuspage = ..." line. It will be put back in place after the first start, then using skylab.

Okay, going to set my account for deletion again...if you have any questions sent me a PM in the OL forums or on psde.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2010, 08:55:06 am »
(If anyone is up to host this for easier downloading do so...I'm not going to ask the person who ...)

http://www.ligh.de/PlaneShift/PS-PlayerS.py-0.04.zip

And stop whining. Either pro or con community. - Hurt your enemies by ignoring them.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Aiwendil

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2010, 09:02:00 am »
Simple solution to that....delete my account as I requested. Until then I see no reason to stop at all...it far too much fun.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2010, 09:23:00 am »
:) I enjoy seeing you having fun.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Lhaa

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2010, 02:47:50 pm »
And stop whining.

Jerk.
The tool is made for YOU players who are still there by somebody who isn't going to even use it, be nice.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2010, 01:05:46 am »
I am sorry that you misunderstood my intentions.

It was meant like a "Heads up!" - like a "Stop thinking of those you don't enjoy thinking of, stay with those you like."

Believe it or not - it hurts me each time I see friends vanish due to issues with others. I don't enjoy chosing between ex-friends either.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2012, 02:07:37 pm »
Just because I updated it to use myself again...here a link to a version for the current RP server. Doubt anyone still uses this...but in case you did remove the old config files or you have to adjust the server adress yourself in those.

http://minus.com/mov8alkUu#1
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 02:11:25 pm by Aiwendil »

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2012, 01:42:24 pm »
Yeah, I suck!. Sorry, packed the wrong script version. Corrected this today and now it really should use the new server. ;)

http://min.us/mov8alkUu#1o

Edit: Okay, as I just found out there are really linux distros who have a separate package for python-tkinter (or python-tk)...didn't expect something like this exists. If you are on such a distro you will have to install the tk-package as well.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:52:11 pm by Aiwendil »