Author Topic: New PlaneShift Release 0.5.5 !!  (Read 4906 times)

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
New PlaneShift Release 0.5.5 !!
« on: December 14, 2010, 10:07:05 am »
[News taken from main site]

It's Christmas, and we are very honored to send you our best gift... a new PlaneShift release!! We just released PlaneShift 0.5.5 which contains a lot of nice features. This milestone brings us very close to 0.6, our next major release.

Here is a list of the changes:
New features:

* Characters turn transparent while sneaking to simulate the fact they are hidden. We are testing this new option, and we plan to use it also for spells or other situations
    * Added "pterosaur services" for travelling between cities. There is one beastmaster in each major town which rents pterosaurs for travel
    * Made shields functional. They are now part of the combat calculation, and allow real blocking of hits
    * Improved the way NPCs chase an opponent by using generated paths (navmeshes) for navigation. This is a major improvement to combat and allows them to walk around obstacles
    * Weather has been known to be cause of crashes on certain hardware, mainly intel chips and to slow down gameplay. It's now possible to disable weather effects from pslaunch! Be sure to enable it and test if it works for you before giving up on it!
    * Added improved snow effect. Snow now shows on ground! Start humming a Christmas song :)
    * Added the new Klyros city Amdeneir! It's actually one quarter of the city, which is located to the "left" of hydlaa, for now reacheable only by pterosaur travel
    * Added animations for attacking with bows on all characters
    * Added a new progress bar for crafting

Fixes and updates:

* Changed item dropping and allowed arbitary rotations in all directions. This will allow better customization of guildhouses and events! To rotate, you have to hold the right mouse button and drag the mouse, or do the same by pressing shift
    * Removed the gossip channel from the Main tab in the chat window. The Main tab is supposed to be In Character and the gossip channel was polluting too much the text. Be sure to clear your old settings, or the gossip will stay there
    * Fixed rain
    * The view window of an armor now shows its stats
    * The view window of containers now shows the weight
    * Ability to disable active magic window notification
    * Removed need to specify a resource for dig/harvest/fish
    * There is a new auto-refusal option for marriage proposals in options
    * Failing to cast a spell may have a negative effect now
    * Support for automatic execution of commands upon logging in
    * Configurable tab completion. You can now speficy a set of additional words to be used in the autocompletion in the chat window
    * Improved the way the server handles randomized and creative items (saving memory)
    * Alliance channel may be added to main now as well
    * Sort item categories by name in merchant/storage windows
    * Added few new idle animations to stonebreaker female and ynnwn female

We are planning to release more content soon! Enjoy the new release!   \\o//

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: New PlaneShift Release 0.5.5 !!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 10:13:58 am »
I want to thank the full team to making this possible:

Engine:
weltall, rlydontknow, ravna , acraig, magodra, jorrit

2d/3d: Nynn, Kinea, suimse, clint

Music: Botanic, Tuux(prospect)

Setting: drJack, Hanix, Aleena, Semutara

Rules: Stelanso, GeneG(prospect)

PR: e3k

Testing: Lanarel, CXDamian, f-rd, LigH, Myth, peeg

A very big thanks to the creators of Amdeneir: Nikodemusss , Zweitholou, Baldur and other contributors ! This is actually the first level fully completed by players, it's a wonderful accomplishment.

Thanks also to the extended team, the prospects, everyone who helps to keep the bugtracker up to date, and our supporters!

A special thanks to weltall and RlyDontKnow for the engine part, drJack and aleena for the setting part, and f-rd for the testing team who worked tirelessly on 0.5.5 ! ( and myself! )

Additionally thanks to all the contributors in various areas.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 09:45:10 am by weltall »

ohforf

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 03:08:53 pm »
Thank you for the nice Release.  :woot:

* Added the new Klyros city Amdeneir! It's actually one quarter of the city, which is located to the "left" of hydlaa, for now reacheable only by pterosaur travel

Not working yet, the NPCs dont know "Amdeneir".
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy."

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 05:35:30 pm »
Nice release! lol I remember you guys saying Amdineir was coming last year on 0.5 but oh well it's here now!

If pterosaur services are done in Cities, is it done in BD?

Guts I can't update :(
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 06:31:29 pm »
Heh.. I didn't know that a part of Amdeneir was already available... Will have to check it out when I get on.

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 09:43:00 pm »
First of all: To all who worked on this release: Thank you! and a fantastic job, you should be very proud of what you've accomplished...

As for Amdeneir: I can't seem to persuade Krestal to take me there yet :( Any feedback on this?

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 11:38:23 pm »
Yeah, he wont let me neither Caraick. Im pretty sure they just forgot or messed up somewhere along the lines of making the Pterosaur ppl recognize the location.

That or its not in yet, hell if i know.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 12:08:38 am »
Have tried many times, no luck on flying there.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 12:43:10 am »
amdeneir is not reachable yet.

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 08:07:06 pm »
The sky is beautiful!

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 10:09:38 pm »
Amdenier is reachable on the EZ server, saw a bug though, if you tell krestal travel, he tells you its 500 tria to amdenier, but when you say amdenier, you dont pay to go there.
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 12:47:50 am »
Amdenier is reachable on the EZ server, saw a bug though, if you tell krestal travel, he tells you its 500 tria to amdenier, but when you say amdenier, you dont pay to go there.

I'll have to get on EZPC then.. Not sure how i'm going on thuogh :.X

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 07:13:46 am »
Great! Amdeneir! Can't wait to check it out! I might relocate Jandar Derula from Jayose's library to there.

( and myself! )

* derula wants to see Talad shake his own hand

Also, isn't there someone missing on the list?

Chucki

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 09:33:28 am »
Great! Amdeneir! Can't wait to check it out! I might relocate Jandar Derula from Jayose's library to there.

( and myself! )

* derula wants to see Talad shake his own hand

Also, isn't there someone missing on the list?

And pat his own back?

Helewisa

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 12:31:30 pm »
Greetings and Thank You!

I am still very new to PS and not very technically adept unfortunately. I also have a lousy system that doesn't really meet the required specs to play the game well, but I still love it!

I had been traveling the last few days and was unable to spend anytime here on PS, so what a great surprise it was to see that something was most definitely different. I noticed some very odd visual effects happening to areas of the "ground" and the terrain all appeared to have become a bit different too I have not been into the city yet, and now I'm anxious for the server to be up so that I can venture out and investigate.... I think that some of what is happening on my screen is undoubtedly because of the underwhelming capability of my processor and graphics gadgets or do-hickeys (see the tech "NOwledge" problem! ;)

OK, I'm rambling, but just wanted to say that I am very grateful to all of you who continue to work so hard creating this fabulous world of Plane Shift. THANK YOU and Merry Christmas!

Helewisa